Anyone in Aberdeen?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone in aberdeen who is going through this whole claiming bank cahrges process, who woul dbe able to help me and guide me through it a bit? Im nae dim, but just cant seem to ge tmy head around this!

I'm close. here's the procedure....

If you have past 5 years of bank statements go through them and highlight all the charges taken from your account.

If you dont have statements send a DPA (Data Protection Act) letter (found in the templates library or on the Govan Law website http://www.govanlc.com) to your branch requesting statements, enclosing cheque for £10. (note here, I requested a complete list of transactions and charges since xxxx date and received computer printout, which was a bit of a pain to trawl through but for which I was not charged)

Highlight charges

Add up charges and send preliminary request for payment letter (template in library) this gives them 14 days to reply, which may be by phone or by letter.

If they do not cough up you then send LBA Letter Before Action (templates library) giving them another 14 days.

If this doesnt bring about the required result....i.e. full repaymnet of charges, then proceed with a small claim, information and forms here... http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/sheriff/index

read the FAQ's, read around the forum, ask questions.

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

I am in Aberdeen and I have just won a case against Abbey. If you need any help please pm me.

ABBEY Total £1277 First Claim £687 hearing date 6/7/06

BOS Total £1069

RBS 3/7/06 Statments arrived

NW Waiting on Statements Data Protection Act UP!!

SENT NON-COMP 28/6/06 sent letter to Data

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

• 2 weeks later...

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 2 weeks later...

I am in York....

But my Clydesdale bank branch is on Union street (ex pat!).

I would like to know the differences between the English and Scottish Bank Charges that can be claimed.

Also, is there a template that is specifically for the scottish side of this board, or are the standard ones acceptable?

I managed to get a letter (After complaining about the standard 'you can only get one years worth, after that it is £5 per sheet response) from Anne Findlay, Network Support, 20 Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 6DB and it said I could get my 6 years worth of records for the £10!

Once I get my records, and tot up the amounts the CB had 'robbed' me of over 6 years, what is the next step .... who do i send this to?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks