Total bankers***won***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOOhhhhhhhh Yesssssssss!

So easy when you know how.

One other thing, does it work out the interest to today because my original claim was back in december and the interest was to then so the ammount will be different now?

Have you still got the calculations for your calim with the court? Did you say anything in the particulars about claiming daily interest rate? As you have submitted a claim with the courts already you really need to send a schedule that shows the same amounts to DG.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

This is part of my claim.

1.between the dates of---------and--------the defendant applied numerous default charges to the claimants bank account.

4Under the county court act 1984 the claimant is entitled to interest at at arate of 8% per annum from the date they were deprived of the money to the date of this claim. This ammounts to a total sum of £539.25, continuing to accrue at the statutory daily rate of 0.021% until judgement or earlier payment.

should i try and work out the original total plus a daily rate of 0.021%?

Do you still have the original schedule of charges which lists the charges etc? If you do you need to send this to DG with a covering letter stating that you are claiming daily interest. As long as the schedule agrees with your claim you should be fine. If not you need to try and compose a schedule to agree with your claim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

As long as it lists the amounts, see if you can put the dates in a column next to the amounts. I don't know the MSE schedule so I am not sure what exactly you have got.

Try and give DG as much detail as poss that way they can't stall stating they don't have all the info.

Here is a copy of mine:-

Dear Sir,

**************‘v’ HSBC Bank plc

Claim No: *********

Date Issued: 14th March 2007

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges and interest claimed under section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8% from the date of each charge to the date of the claim. Please note that I am continuing to claim interest at 8% until judgement or settlement at a daily rate of £0.77 per day.

Yours sincerely

I have worked out the interest on my charges before interest at 0.499065p. Shall I round it up or down?

or shall I just write that I will be adding interest at a daily rate of 0.021% until judgement or earlier payment.

You're welcome. (You weren't bothering me at all :) ) Keep us posted and take care.

Jo

Just had a phone call from HSBC. "Just to let me know that my personal account has gone over the agreed overdraft by a piddleing ammount. Suggest I turn this overdraft, my credit card balance and another account balance into a loan so as to bring accounts to zero." All this is to "help" me manage my finances better.

I have never had a call to advise me of anything like this in the 15 years plus that I have been with them!

Is this just harrasment because I am claiming against them? Is this a prelude to closing my accounts? You know, get balances to zero then close when I agree to loan?

Has or is anyone else having the same kind of thing?

Also I thought today was a "Bank" holiday?

IT'S CALLED A MANAGED LOAN AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES FALL FOR THAT ONE.......they will have you by the short and curlies for a long, long, time. next time they ring - just tell them you are reclaiming bank charges and don't think it the right time to be discussing your finances - you are expecting an upturn shortly and will be in to help out the overdraft.

if you really want to see some sad, sad stories - read some of this:

Who has had Managed Loans? (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

one after another. it really gets to you after awhile - look at post number 24 of this threadHusband v HSBC - Paid :-) (multipage.gif1 2) to see how low hsbc can sink.

if at the end of everything - you really, truly need a loan - make sure it is a regular loan and not a managed loan. but try your damnedest not to take a loan from them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks