Any Suggestions???

anonman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a member of bank staff (though hopefully not for much longer!! hee hee!), I would be interested to know what customers would like to happen when they exceed their overdraft, bounce a cheque or anything else naughty?

For instance, when there are insufficient funds to honour a cheque, would you prefer the cheque returned without charge, or to be paid to save embarrasment but incurring a penalty?

If banks were to scrap penalties altogether, would you be prepared to pay a small service fee if the bank had to phone to advise that you were about to go overdrawn?

Any idea's (Polite ones please - no telling me where to stick the charges!! ;) )

I ask out of general interest of customer perception. Having worked in the bank for 4 years and listened to peoples demands, I would like to know what alternatives are suggested. And, may I ask, what is your opinion?

Guest NATTIE

I think people have had this discussion before but i still do not agree with simply passing someone off because of their intial first post. I would think interest on the amount overdrawn if it was being paid or a charge of roughly £2.00 or a sliding scale depending on how much the amount being returned is.