Advice

pandabean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought a laptop back on 2004 from Comet and I also got the insurance with accidental damage cover. Just the other day the most tragic of accidents happened with my laptop, I accidently knocked over cola all over the keyboard. :shock:

I called up comet and they agreed to take it into repair after the policy check and today I spoke to the company that deals with repairs (Mastech?) and they are sending a courier on Monday. The person I spoke to said that it might be written off and a new laptop sent to me. He also suggested that if that is the case I would be best to remove my Hard Drive or I would have to pay £20 to get it back from them.

What I am wondering is, after reading some of the horror stories on here is what am I entitled to for a laptop replacement? Is it similar specs? If so do I have a say in what I want, as I know a fair bit about computers and I want to avoid certain processors. I am not sure what would be the equivelent spec today for a Intel P4 2.8Ghz processor.

The laptop I got was about £900 at the time, would I also be given one of a similar price or is it mainly a specification thing?

Thank You,

Andy

It would entirely depend on the terms and conditions of your extended warranty - this isn't a claim for faulty goods, it's an accident you caused - so you're effectively claiming under an insurance policy and you are entirely bound by the terms and conditions of what is covered within this policy.

I would imagine that if there is an allowance for a replacement item it would be done on spec rather than price, though.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

• 1 month later...

I agree - usually in the small print you will find that is states or equitable specification - and I think for this reason alone!!!

Mind you like most things in the small print you will find its like trying to get blood out of a stone even when you think youve got a cut and dried case!!!!!

:-x Kennsignton Mortage Company

:-x GE Captial

:-x Welcome Car Finance