Cautioned for not having Train ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Even security have the right to caution people while we speak to them reguarding any offence. The inspector on the train should have by law show you id that say's who he is and what company he works for. He should have also given you paper work which should state the date and time of the offence and again his details.

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of my nightmare with First Great Western. Tried to pay for an upgrade on a season ticket to First as there were seats available (normally standing room only throughout the train).

Other commuters with me had done this many times before and I even had a letter from FGW saying this was okay as I thought I should check. Was charged with fare evasion and "held" at Reading platform for 2hrs in sub zero temperatures, wasn't allowed to go to loo/get drink, called police but they couldn't/wouldn't help, FGW letter was ripped up by inspector (nice Mr XXXXX ).

Inspectors concocted story that I had been abusive and threatened them - suggested they check the cctv..... Ended up having to engage solicitor to fight court case. Cost £900 which my company paid. Was told that I should pay for upgrade before getting on the train - I pointed out that I wouldn't know if there was a seat available before getting on the train as I was normally paying £450/month for the pleasure of standing up as there were rarely seats between Reading/Padington!

I will never travel wth FGW again and now a group of us have a taxi to drive us to London - cheaper than the train and I won't have to see Mr XXX again as I'd probably not be very polite to him......

Edited by citizenB