Getting MCOL Right

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They always defend. MSE POC's probably aren't quite as thorough as CAG's but are sufficient. SCM details are on Notice of Acknowkledgement

Hi Again Michael,

I have not receive Notice as mentioned above, I have today received a notice of transfer to my local court, it states however that

Without hearing

It is ordered that

1. The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the district judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise

What does this mean - have I blow my chances withnot sending paperwork - schedule??

Attached to this is the defence counterclaim which they are disputing full amount claimed, they go on to say i have entered into a commercial agreement when opening account and so on charges are fair and reasonable.

I don't know what to do now - someone please help!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am planning to file using N1 at my local court and have a question - who do I address my letter to? I read that you can post it (presumably, by reg'd post).

Also (apologies if this is a dumb question), how do I find out where my local court is? I live in Tunbridge Wells in Kent and don't think there is one here.

Many thanks

I am planning to file using N1 at my local court and have a question - who do I address my letter to? I read that you can post it (presumably, by reg'd post).

Also (apologies if this is a dumb question), how do I find out where my local court is? I live in Tunbridge Wells in Kent and don't think there is one here.

Many thanks

The following 2 links will answer your questions...

How to make a claim

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

That is great - thank you MTM. Unfortunately, after looking there I still have some Q's

So...

How do I know if my local County Court deals with this?? Or do I just submit to them anyway? Mine says it deals with bankruptcy; civil; divorce and district registry - not sure if this falls within that?

Do I send my N1 and POC to the Court Manager?

and..

do I have to send any money?

Tunbridge Wells County Court should deal with your claim as it is deals with civil claims.

So it would be:- court number 355 Merevale House

Yes the N1 and POC go to the court, your fee will need to be sent with the forms.

Are you exempt from paying fees if so you can go to the courts in person and fill out a form. take a look at this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-user-guide-contacts-list.html?garpg=9

Hope it helps.

claire

• Haha 1

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

So you all have this info, i sent my N1 form off to the court and it came straight back telling me i needed to specify what the Nationwide is. Well it turn out you have to put the word Mutual at the end of the name if you get the person who opened the letter, they are fussy and want that too.

Best of luck all.

Andytheguv

I am submitting my court claim today (by N1) and I am not sure my daily interest rate is computing right.

I inserted a formula that adds together the charges and 8% interest and then multiplies those by 0.000219, this gives me one amount (0.38p). But the spread sheet automatically adds a different amount as each day passes (0.30; 0.31). I want to be sure I quote the correct daily interest amount.

Can anyone help? I really want to submit my claim today.

Hi

The daily interest rate would be worked out like this

Totat charges(excluding interest) x 0.00022 =

Is this what you mean?

Claire

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

OK - I think I was going wrong because I was doing charges + interest x 0.00022.

Otherwise the interest will not increase from the day of the claim?

Should I not be claiming interest on the interest.

Maybe I am overthinking and thus complicating this.

Ok ive had a look at your HSBC thread, if you are not claiming overdraft interest the only interest you claim is the 8%.

claire

£5125.60

I've had the Notice of Transfer letter, but no AQ. Am I waiting for something else now? The bank has said, in their defence points, that they want more information. Someone has kindly given me the address to send that to for tha bank. However, does it need to go to the court too?

I'm just confused now because I don't know who's waiting for whom to send what...

Hi

After reading your thread in barclays as you have now sent your spreadsheet to them i would also send it to the courts.

The court may ask you to send a more detailed particulars of claim later which is in this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Some dont but its worth looking at ready.

Other than that there is nothing else i can see that you are likely to be waiting for.

So sit back and await a court date.

Hope this helps

claire

£5125.60

I don't know whether or not to complete MCOL or file an N1.

In either case, regarding interest - what happens now Lloyds have paid 750 ? Does the 8% remain the same ? And the daily interest .. does it start from the day you file the claim and is it the charges only x the daily interest , or the charges + 8% interest x the daily ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just about to do our MCOL claim, another question about wording of the claim, Someone in another thread suggested using this wording

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of money taken by Defendant in charges over 6 years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date) to (Date) of (£0.00) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00).

I like this, however, this is quite different to the standard wording as advised on this site, which would you advise using?

Thanks

Thanks, have decided to use suggested wording. Would you mind reading to see if okay please? Need to phone Barclays tomorrow to find out date our account was opened then I think we are ready to send!

1. The Claimant has an account xxxxxxx with the Defendant, opened xxxxx 2. Since 15/09/2000 the Defendant debited charges and interest in respect of purported breaches of contract. 3. Defendant is aware of all details, as a list of charges has already been supplied. Another copy will be sent. 4. Claimant contends: (a) The charges exceed the Defendant's losses caused by the breaches; (b) The Term permitting the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and at Common Law. 5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of xxxxxx; (b) Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £xxxx continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.34; 6. Costs allowed by the Court. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service then they must be reasonable under S15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

Thank-you!

Our claim is for £1530 of charges & with interest a total of £1869.28. Thanks for taking the time to read & reply, it is reasurring that the wording is okay.

Just another couple of questions. After completing the MCOL form we realised we may have calculated the interest wrongly for our Abbey claim which we did using the N1 form. Difference of 5p per day, less than claimed. What should we do? Should we inform the court?

We received an Issue of notice form yesterday for our claim. What do we do with this? I have read somewhere on this site that we need to send a copy to Abbey's solicitors, if so how can I find the address, there is no mention of this on the form. Also Abbey has credited our account of £240 (claim is for £1321) despite rejection letter - do we need to inform the court of this?

Sorry so many questions, this is all so mind bogling!