Welcome Car Finance Voluntary Termination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a car finance agreement with Black Horse and I did a VT on my car. When I rang for a settlement figure, they tried to charge me the remaining PPI. I queried this and was told as I hadn't claimed on the PPI, I should write to cancel this and then I wouldn't owe them any money. I gave the car back in January and all is quiet....

Perhaps you should query this with Welcome Finance.

Further to this, I have just taken a loan out with Welcome Finance and am having a nightmare trying to cancel the PPI, however my local branch manager has told me not to pay until it is sorted!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Finance - a most dodgy outfit! if you take a car from them, as I stupidly did in desperation years ago, they will charge loads of PPI, breakdown warranty and crap you may not even know you have it, my car broke down all the time, it was always in the garage and in the end was scrapped, if I knew I had warranty I would have used it! only now I have subject access requested my account I see all this stuff on it, I am processing my N1 to issue for these charges. very good luck, WF take advantage of the vulnerable because we live largely in a car oriented society with bad public transport, they are in the business of delay tactics to add on as many charges as poss!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hiya all

I've been reading these posts about Welcome with interest. I to VT my car in Feb this year. I had it since 2004 and was paying £208 every month including PPI, which I believed I must have. Anyway, when they came to pick the car up after the RAC inspection, I got a breakdown letter of the amounts I had paid to the car and to the insurances. I thought once they picked the car up that would be the last that I heard or Welcome, but NO, they want another £600 from me for the PPI. Well, they can keep on wanting!

They even charged me for GAP insurance which I never asked for, so I am going to try and get that refunded also.

I will keep you updated, but if anyone out there has any advise, please come forward. I need all the help I can get to get these vultures off my back

Hello, I too had problems with welcome, regarding ppi's, gap and everything else they pile on, I actually had a solicitor involved, (family friend thankfully!)

Thay told me to go into the local office with all paperwork and be polite and composed! then they dont put a note on your file saying your aggressive:rolleyes:!

Ask them to explain what every extra is for, I actually got them to admit that the paperwork and staff are very misleading, 'apparantly' if you can get them to admit this you have a case, however, I didnt take it that far but did manage to get a quite reasonable settlement, I dont advise this unless youve had proffesional advice though! and im not a professional!

what I am saying though is that these people are not above the law or the fsa or the oft and we need to stand up, be counted and not be bullied, life is expensive enough without paying through the nose for things we dont need!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I havent really read through the thread properly but just wanted to advise that I went to Welcome today to see about giving my car back as I dont want to pay them £242 a month for it (I've only had it 7 months), they said that I can sell it privately if I want and use the money to pay the debt and they would then refund any insurances / pro-rata interest that I was owed and put any outstanding loan onto a personal loan at a lower interest rate.. not an ideal solution but.. it may be worth considering if it means less hassle & clearing the debt..

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

my gut instinct says no, no, no, sounds like another Welcome [problem].

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

C&D, search the other Welcome threads, lots of people on here have had terrible problems with Welcome Finance, and are claiming back their mis-sold insurances, alot have had settlements from them so hold tight before signing another agreement, a common offer from them is to get you to sign a new agreement because the one you have could be unenforceable and they hope you have not noticed it, especially if they have added on PPI etc you didnt ask for and were not given the details of at the time. it seems a rather odd thing for them to say, go to a website like national debtline and look up voluntary terminations of HP agreements, to find out exactly when you can return the car.

• 8 months later...

hi, i started vt back in sept 2007, after a long process of only phonecalls i refused to accept anything not in writing. I have paid half the amount owing and they refused this. I contacted trading standards and although a civil matter they have helped me immensly, I put the car in storage as it no londer had tax or mot, and stopped my direct debit. trading standards have rang welcome a couple of times and also told me what to write. they have now accepted the vt and agreed to pay the storage charges. the car is due for collection on monday. it is well worth letting TS get involved as they take it higher and can prosecute for the company not standing by the consumer credit act.

• 2 months later...

hi everyone, hope someone can help.

I recently part-xed my old car for a new finance agreement with welcome. I now want to VT. I have wrote a letter to my local office and to the sales office explaining this. I have not yet made my 1st monthly payment and I have now cancelled my direct debit. I believe that this should follow-

1. The RAC come out to inspect the car + docs

2. They then arrange collection/delivery of the car

3. I then have to pay the outstanding amount as in the ' Termination: Your rights ' section in the contract.

Is this right???

I just want rid of the car, wish I could just arrange to take the car back to the showroom and sort out repayment as in No.3.

This is causing a lot of stress and anxiety for me and I am finding it very hard to deal with anything.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Spike

• 3 months later...

HI I would just like to ask anyone for thier advice on a subject that has today come to light? I was aided by SSAFA (Sailors, Soldiers Air Force Association) families officer back in 2002 when I was in dire need of assistance due to a car loan and uncomfortable bills mounting up on the said finance. Well to cut a long story short I spoke to the case worker offered to me through the British Legion and he advised me to "Send the car BACK". This I did and was told that we would not be liable for any further charges, all going soundly and pleasantly so far? Then after several months of no letters or correspondonce we recieved out of the blue as to speak a formal demand from "Thames Credit", well this blew me socks off as I was under the impression that we had sorted all this. Oh no, how wrong I was:o!!!! Thames Credit claimed that we now owed THEM and that if we didnt pay up we would be visited by thier collections department. Well this was not what either myself or the wife wanted so we set up an agreement to pay and amount monthly to them. This has since been reduced and reduced but now we are paying £20.00 per month.

What my main concern is though, is that if we dont have to pay anything to these people WHY oh WHY have they been pursuing us for the last 3 years and taking our money on a monthly basis???

ANY ADICE OFF ANYONE IN THE KNOW WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS WE ARE NOW THINKING WE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:.

Please feel free to reply to this thread as we really do need to know our complete and correct facts:???:.

:)Thank you:).

• 2 weeks later...
i handed back my car from welcome 3 yrs ago dumped it outside theirs office and posted log book and stuff by recorded delivery they hassled me for a while over payments then went qiet but started up again this week so changed my mobile number for abit of peace,just waiting fo them to pop up now and cause more agro

Hello there

was wondering what the final outcome was? I am looking to emulate what you did, but wanted to know if you were successful. Im having similar problems with Welcome aswell. They are refusing to take back their car despite VT.

i handed back my car from welcome 3 yrs ago dumped it outside theirs office and posted log book and stuff by recorded delivery they hassled me for a while over payments then went qiet but started up again this week so changed my mobile number for abit of peace,just waiting fo them to pop up now and cause more agro

Hi there

I would like to do the same thing. How did your ordeal pan out??

to VT an agreement, the account has to be up to date, the vehicle has to be in reasonable conditon for its age, ( taking into wear and tear). Ie a car sat on the drive for 6 months which is a non runner and has no MOT, cannot be classed as being in reasonable conditon.

You can VT an agreement with no liability ( assuming you havent got PPI) once you have paid HALF the TOTAL AMOUNT OUTSTANDING.

You can VT an agreement without paying half, but you will be liabile for the amount up to and including half the payments.

If the account is in arrears you will not be able to VT an agreement unless the company has agreed to include the arrears in your liability.

If your acount is in arrears and has had a Notice of Termination issued aainst the agreement you have lost your rights under the agreement to VT.

You cant buy a car on Finance (HP) them try to return the car on a VT with No liability after 6 months...

If you just dump the car back at their office, then there is nothing in writing to say the agreement has been VT'd and you will therefore end up owing the total balance outstanding ( minus the sale price of the car).

Edited by robuck

Any and all comments made are my sole opinion. these do not in any way reflect the opinions of any other company ether associated with myself or others. :)

Hi,

I've been reading this thread with interest as I'm in the process of VTing our car thru Black Horse.

What's the timescale been for people, from requesting a VT to actually walking away from the car for good?

We're still waiting for the pack to come through, and the MOT runs out in a month's time.

Cheers :)

Edited by europa16
missed an "s" off a word!

• 5 months later...

Hi guy's just read some of your problems..can i say i'm baffled how they can tell you what you will owe after the car is return they can't possibly know this!!

You hand the car back the car goes to auction whatever the car make they knock off and you pay the rest as long as you keep up your payments till they take the car and come to a payment plan for the rest, there is nothing they can do. because you have not defaulted you are paying so all the court threats are nonsense..Call there bluff and say ok lets go to court if you do tell the judge you kept up your payments you made and offer for the rest on your affordability and they have refused looks bad on them.

• 1 month later...

I've had it with Welcome - I used them to get a car because my finances were less than perfect and paid every month religiously.

I'd paid 29 payments at £232 and called them in September to VT the car. I received a letter a couple of weeks later saying to pay an additional 2 payments and that would be m liability satisfied.

I paid both October and Novembers payments and then received a call to say they were coming to pick up the car.

All going ok.

Not now - they're claiming I still owe another £500+ for the car and can't see where this figure is coming from!

Nobody returns my calls and they haven't even bothered sending letters for the outstanding amounts. I called them again on Friday for the upteenth time and said it's been passed to Asset Recovery as showing as 4 months in arrears now.

I think they're game is to make people appear poor payers so they have no option but to have to go back to them again in the future.

• 1 month later...

I had a car from them which was a wreck basically and had been an accident repair. I VT`d in August 2007 and was asked by the RAC to sign some liability form which I refused to do. I never heard anything else but the other day March 2009 someone calls my wife claiming to be from a company called LCU - I call them and then they declare they are Welcome finance saying I am liable for £2000 ???. I never had anything on my credit report but now welcome say they have added somthing and want the £2k.

What can I do ?

I had a car from them which was a wreck basically and had been an accident repair. I VT`d in August 2007 and was asked by the RAC to sign some liability form which I refused to do. I never heard anything else but the other day March 2009 someone calls my wife claiming to be from a company called LCU - I call them and then they declare they are Welcome finance saying I am liable for £2000 ???. I never had anything on my credit report but now welcome say they have added somthing and want the £2k.

What can I do ?

Hello there.

Please start your own thread so that you will get more help.

Can you state on your thread if you VT'd in accordance with s99 of the consumer credit act? (by using the 50% clause)

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

My first time on here but it all sounds like there has been a lot of grief caused by welcome.

I have had 2 agreements with Welcome, 1 for my first car that i swapped 2 years in for a new agreement on a new car and now I am running up to having that agreement two years.

The question I have is I have never defaulted on my payments or agreements with them and there are certainly no arrears, if the car is in a good condition can any of you guys see any problems when it comes to VT'in it?

Is there anyone that hasnt had any problems when it comes to handing the car back or am i going to be opening up a can of worms?

I need rid of Welcome and they are certainly in a bad place right now as we all know, even to the point where I actually speak to a welcome representative via a mobile number now rather than an office based number. Reviever for a bankrupt company maybe?

Any help would be appreciated.... :)

Hello there.

Take LOADS of pictures and get the car checked over by a mechanic who can sign a statement to say the car is in good working order.

ensure that your terminate in accordance with s99 of the consumer credit act.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 16 How To Deal With Hire Purchase Debt

can they charge for breakdown cover to the full term i going through a vt with welcome they say i owe after 2/and half years on a 4 year period

gap

breakdown cover

2 months arrears incurred 2 years ago when i wanted to reject this piece of junk ,i have done 3000 miles in 2 and half years... thank you