Drought Order in SE. Hosepipe ban.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Saw a report a couple of weeks ago which said that on average the water companies only collect 5% of the water available to them (ie water that they could reasonably collect, not 5% of total rainfall!) - the other 95% is allowed to leak back into the sea.

I find it hilarious that since the ban came in here in Sussex its rained almost every day. Perhaps the water companies should put the bans in place at the beginning of the Winter so that we get the rain we need :)

The whole thing is a farce & a swindle. I disagree totally with anyone making a profit from water. It should never have been privatised. Of course there'll always be huge profits cos consumers don't have much of a chioce unless you assemble your own purifying plant or want to risk getting cholera

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

I'm surprised no-one has tried to take the water companies to court using the Human Rights Act. I'm sure there must be some crazy law there that states you have a basic right to water in your home.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

I lived in South Africa for 43 years and only once did we experience a water shortage. A new dam was then built and no more water shortages and this is a country where some places do not see rain for several years not a few months. These water companies need to get their act together. I am surprised that a de-salination plant has not been built.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys this is my 1st post on the forum

Just thought I would point out that u can use your hose pipe to clean your garden as it is against health ot safety rules.

Maybe you should bare it in mind when your garden needs a bit of water ;)

[URL="http://www.bullieinneed.co.uk"]www.bullieinneed.co.uk[/URL] Please make a donation :D

You can also use a hosepipe to top up your pond, as fish are classed as livestock and cannot be left to suffer. Drain some pondwater onto your plants then top up the pond - completely legal. If you haven't got a pond build one! Then when you initially fill it - carry 2 buckets of water out, bung them in then 'top up' the rest ;)

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

The thing to remember is that you can do absolutely anything with a hosepipe EXCEPT wash a car or water a garden. You can fill any container (such as a watering can so you don't have to carry it full anywhere), any pond, pool, water but etc.

This Does not apply if a Drought Order has been placed on an area. If this is the case then the water companies can impose stricter restrictions.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

In this county it is impossible to cut anyone's water supply off - regardless of if the bill is paid or not - we do have a basic right to water, and that is why.

What gets me is that now it's privatised (which IMO it should never have been), that the investment needed to fix 100 year old pipes leaking BILLIONS of gallons per day will never see the light of day.

In fact, WE have to go without so that the shareholders can carry on increasing their profits year on year, rather than keeping a healthy income (which is what shareholding used to be about).

So, in an effort to keep the rich richer, the 'poor' have to cut back on their water??!!!

What a country.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

It's true look at Thames water nice tidy little profits and millions of gallons of water just running away and OFWAT didnt fine them for it, typical.

What they should have to power to do is cap their "profit" and say well hang on a minute you're making all this profit but you havent met your targets and now you have imposed a hose pipe ban so your profits are now capped at say £10m a year and every single penny over that amount has to be put back until you are meeting targets - I bet they get the leaks fixed damn quick then!

How can they not be forced to make a reduction in bills to households affected by the hosepipe ban? They're not getting the service that they're meant to due to the water company not sorting out the leaks but Joe Public's still having to pay full price giving the company huge profits? How are they getting away with doing that? If I wanted to travel from London to Edinburgh by train but the track was unusable from Berwick onwards I'd only pay from London to Berwick, not the full fare to Edinburgh because that's what the service was "meant" to be. It's a complete & utter scandal.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Also, these fines that Ofwat impose - who gets the money? the treasury? they are just taking money from the public okay the shareholders might suffer ( poor darlings) but fines don't ever benefit the people who pay out every month.

Firstly the money should be given back as a rebate in my opinion!!!

And regarding the washing the car story. You are allowed to wash your windscreen and headlights as these are items of safety. Or you can wash your entire car if you use recycled water (in other words your dirty bath or washing up water) .... same goes for your garden (assuming you dont have a pond LOL)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks