Alliance & Leicester - Settled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh My God - Just received a cheque for £2,750! Wow.

Nice one - but I thought your claim was over £3000 (post 46 above)?

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why I thought it was that - it was actually £2,646 - so they sent us more than we claimed anyway - who cares I have spent it at least 50 times over already!!!

Ah well - welcome to the A&L Winners Enclosure anyway :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm going to give in to their account closure demand - to be honest, I'll be glad to see the back of them. Still, there is a bounced cheque fee to reclaim :D

Cheers

Michael

Well done - you have inspired me to continue to court. Could I just ask you what address you used for the court paperwork for A & L?

As for closing the account - why don't you beat them to it and go in and close it before they do? Would that be better for your credit rating? And personal satisfaction?!

Oh My God - Just received a cheque for £2,750! Wow.

CONGRATULATIONS have you thought about making a donation so that this site can keep going :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Well done - you have inspired me to continue to court.

Excellent - go for it :)

Could I just ask you what address you used for the court paperwork for A & L?

Just the Customer "Service" address: Bridle Road, Bootle

As for closing the account - why don't you beat them to it and go in and close it before they do? Would that be better for your credit rating? And personal satisfaction?!

To be honest, I've had my parachute account for a bit now and I don't really care enough (my credit rating's &^%$@# anyway) - would much rather have them do some admin work for a change :D

Cheers

Michael

I know it's small beer compared to a lot of you but A&L finally settled on Sat for the Sum of £347.88 + £39 court costs. I had to take them all the way (almost) with raising a small claim but they settled well before the hearing date. What is the situation as far as them closing the account? They wrote that someone would be contacting me with regards to the account as I was obviously not happy with the terms and conditions, but I am actually fairly pleased with the account, apart from the charges! I wrote back saying that any attempt to close my account would be challenged but do i really have any power over it? What about the Banking Ombudsman? Anyway, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this site and helped me with my mini battle!

I know it's small beer compared to a lot of you but A&L finally settled on Sat for the Sum of £347.88 + £39 court costs.

Congratulations, and hey, that's not small beer at all - I could buy a lot of large beers with that :)

What is the situation as far as them closing the account?

Well, further up this thread is the letter I got from them saying that my account will be closed on 22nd June because I don't accept the Ts&Cs - not really that bothered to be honest :)

Cheers

Michael

Can I just say how amazing this all is.. The Alliance and Leicester have been ripping me off for years.. I had no idea until i found this link on my discussion forum at work..

I need to work out how much they owe me.. I reckon its about £500 or so.. How far back can you go?

I have to say it all does seem a bit scary!!

Thanks

Michelle

To be honest, I've had my parachute account for a bit now and I don't really care enough (my credit rating's &^%$@# anyway) - would much rather have them do some admin work for a change :D

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael, can I ask which bank you have opened your new account with, as I feel I will also have a problem with my credit rating. My claim was settled yesterday, have applied for a couple of accounts but not had a reply yet.

thanks, Paul

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

can I ask which bank you have opened your new account with, as I feel I will also have a problem with my credit rating. My claim was settled yesterday, have applied for a couple of accounts but not had a reply yet.

Hi Paul, it was the Co-Op's Cashminder account - but have a look at this thread for some of the problems I've had (resolved now)

Cheers

Michael

Stick to your own timetable. You are calling the shots now.

Could you also start your own thread and then we can follow your progress and answer questions with all the information easily viewable.

Good luck.:)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

:-?

Help! I'm Moira & I'm new to all this & don't want to make a mistake!

I've got my records for the last 6 years from A & L - on the 40th day! When I phoned to check if they were coming, on day 30, they denied all knowledge ans said my letter must have been lost in the post. Then I pointed out that they had cashed my cheque for £10 - the statutory maximum fee. The operative said that they processed all cheques quickly, to aid the payee (in this case themselves), but that accompanying letters could easily get lost!!!!! :-?:evil::shock:She said that she would email the relevant dept. I said that the original deadline still stood. That was FUN :roll:

Can I reclaim A & L's "Monthly OD Charge" - after all I also pay a fee for the maintenance of the agreed OD?

Also, is the interest referred to in the initial claim letter the same as the interest calculated on the spreadsheet? I'm about to compose this letter and don't want to go wrong, as 2-3 thousand pounds are involved

Looking forward to some enlightenment!

There are 2 spreadsheets to calculate interest. One of them calculates the overdraft interest you have paid on the charges, and you can include this in your claim from the start. The other one calculates interest at 8% from the date each charge is levied to the present day. 8% is the amount that is generally claimed at the Moneyclaim stage, and is on top of the overdraft interest, but you cannot claim it until then. Take another look at the FAQ's and the spreadsheets in the library section to make sure you are clear about what you need to do.

Also start your own thread so that you can keep all your posts together and it makes it easier for people to follow what is going on. Good luck.

Oh and by the way. A&L will close your account if you put in a claim so make sure you have a parachute account ready.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Paul, it was the Co-Op's Cashminder account - but have a look at this thread for some of the problems I've had (resolved now)

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for the info, at least they sorted things out for you, eventually!

Paul

Alliance & Leicester, £2944.66 settled in full, donation made!!!

Capitol One (Partner), £475.01 settled in full, donation made!!!

well done on winning, I am holding back my claim on the A&L as we will soon have 70,000 pounds in our savings account with them, (Not my money but they will not know this) I will be interested to see if they want to close my account when they know this money will disapear if my current account does! Also holding back on claiming from the Bradford and Bingley as my mortgage will be clear in 3 months YAAAAAAA claims in against every one else I can think of though. Isnt it a good feeling to be able to have the correct tools in -place to fight back?

Hi Michael.

Thanks for this thread it has helped me a great deal.Although i'm claiming from the Halifax not the A&L your posts have inspired me no end. I have put the links into my bookmarks so that I can refer to them quickly without having to search the forum to much.

Congrats to you.

strude:p

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for my first A&L claim thread ("Alliance & Leicester - settled" on p3 of the A&L forum) tonight, because I couldn't get to it from the link in my sig, or subscribed threads. If you click on the thread in the forum, this is the destination (same link as in my sig):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/703-alliance-leicester.html

That just displays a blank page after a bit of waiting.

However, you can go to page 2 directly:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/703-alliance-leicester-2.html

What's up with that then? :confused:

Cheers

Michael

There are a few glitches at the moment with trials of new software, I believe.

Stick with it, hopefully these will be ironed out soon.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yes, that's the page it's on now - 2nd thread down at the moment

all the links are resolving in IE6, 7 and FireFox.

It's resolving (and the random sample of threads I tried on that page work), but going to page one of my thread doesn't display anything - both IE6 & FF1.5.0.4

Cheers

Michael

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks