on a mission v ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This post is for reidnet.

Hi Ian I've just picked up on this thread and wondered if you could post a copy of your statement of claim - 5th February post - or email me a copy as you make reference to The Fraud Act in it. I have some PPI issues with Direct Line but also would like to chase a statute barred claim against NatWest and wondered if your use of The Fraud Act could be used by me there.

Sorry to hijack this thread

Thanks

ROS

No problem jump on anytime we are all here to help each other.

I have not noticed reidnet about for a bit. puppy training or something. ( do miss him though)

You will find a copy of the Fraud act on the 1st or 2nd page of my thread. Just copy and paste or save it. I think also if you pm reidnet he may be able to help you.

Start your own thread on the ppi site and we can all help you if you need it

Good luck

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I have today received at letter from *&* regarding to the ppi I had with them.

They have by magic found the recordings of the loan applications I have with them.

1. I was told that there was ppi on the quotes and received all info on rights to cancel, terms and cond. name of insurers etc etc.

3. Unfortunately the advisor did not give you the option of application quotes that did not include ppi!!!!!!!!

4. They will fund me £XXXXXXX and deduct this amount from the debt that I owe them.

So a win for me possibley

Cheeky bleeders I knew that I was no tgiven an option. There robbery of the ppi was part of the reason for the debt.

I don't think I have quite finished with them

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Well Done,

Spend it wisely Now..lol

Ian

x

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi Reidnet,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not so sure that it is a win as such. They have acknowledged to my advantage that they mis-lead me into taking out the loan.:D

I still have room for arguement with them (which I truly love).:D

Arguements.eusa_naughty.gif

!. They have withheld information and not complied with my sars. :o I have not received the telepnone conversations I supposidly had with them. I only have there say so as to what was discussed or what they want me to know. I do not believe a word they say. They will say anything but the thruth (because they know.)

2. I have had two loans with them and they are only referring to one of the loans.

So the fight goes one and this little gesture after my letters gives the confidence to move towards legal action

Anyway how are you and the new puppy? Doing well I hope and not to many damp patches:D I mean from the puppy!!lol

Well if they have not supplied all the Information under your SAR I would submit a claim to the ICO and let them chase it up for you. I did with GE Money and as an added bonus they stated to the ICO that they did not supply me with a document that the referred to several times in letters as ...wait for it... They do Not hold a copy of the original Application Form..

And GE are defending the whole Claim.. I think and Hope that they could end up with some Egg on their Face.. and hopefully I will end up with a cheque in my pocket..lol

The puppy is doing OK, driving me round the bloody bend but otherwise no great Problems..lol And I have been good No damp patches for past couple of days..lol

Ian

x

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello Ian,

Been on a mission yesterday and this morning sorting out letters.

This is what I have done so far

!. *&* Have sent them a prelim letter claiming back £XX,XXX.XX( a lot of money). :lol: Lets see what they come up with to restore my faith in their company. I have also sent them a CCA request for the Credit agreement on the previous loan On Monday I am going to photcopy all of the letter of correspondence between us and send it with my complaint to the ICO.

2. NW. Have sent them a CCA request to find the missing Credit Agreement with a £1 which I do grudge giving them and also a prelim letter claiming back ppi charges of £XX.XXX.XX (again a lot of money):lol:

Lets see what happens next. Will keep you posted:lol:

Hello,

*&* must have got their prelim letter yesterday, because they rang me a 8.15am to try to sort the matter out. She felt it was more appropriate to discuss this matter over the telephone(which was being recorded). She tried to baffle me with figures. I told her that I could not follow what she was saying as I had nothing to look at, and could she put this is writing to me.

She informed me that they had refunded back the ppi and deducted it of the balance of the loan debt.

1. I argued that they should never have had the money and they were still controlling what was happening to it. What happens to the my money is my decision not theirs.

2. They had refunded the flat refund of the ppi, without any interest and the 8% interest at the court stage is almost £2,000. I may change my claim now and go for the 9% interest they charged me. I have informed her that I am prepared to go to the courts to received this.

3. Because they fraudulently took the ppi from me over £5.000 I struggled to make the repayments (I had paid over £19000 back on this loan to them over 4yrs). They hounded me with threatening letters and harassed me with telephones calls. They defaulted me without the blink of an eye.

4. I informed them that they had breached the data protection act as I had still not received the telephone recordings of the application calls and other written correspondence. I am reporting them to the ICO.

I have told her to write to me clarifying the points she raised in our conversation. The employee who rang me was extremely pleasant and expressed empathy over this matter, but I believe she was just testing the water, to see how far I will go. I had to inform her all the way!!!!!!

Lets see if they can restore my faith in their Company.

Stick at It... Hopefully they will give in soon, Good Luck..

Ian

Excellent how wonderful

The ferret is back:p

speechless-smiley-040.gif. action-smiley-033.gif

Bye bye wave.gif

Any news? I am watching you carefully now as I logged my first claim today - Good Luck :)

Hello and thanks for your interest.

I received another telephone call from *&* on Friday morning a 8.15 to let me know that a response letter and the recorded telephone calls were being delivered by courier

I had just put the phone down and low and behold the courier was at the door as if by magic.

There was a three page letter and 2cd's

The letter was just your bog standard response letter when you are demanding back your total refund and you actually want it in your hands not theirs.

They have basically stated that you indeed are right we did trick and deceive you out of your hard earned cash and we have been very naughty and as a result of this we will give you, not what your are asking for, just a little something so you will go away and stop pestering us. Because after all we are a big business and we have all your money anyway.

They want me to not contact them by phone if I am not happy, but I am afraid I will put anything I have to say in writing, because I might be tempted to act like hellhasnofury over the phone and say things that nice ladies should not say.speechless-smiley-040.gif

In this letter they have admitted to also tricking me into another ppi in 2000 and are going to refund me that.

What is even more interesting that they took a very large sum of money I had on one loan (they cannot produce the Credit agreement on that loan) and paid it off to themselves and then gave me the rest. So I may look into that one in the pretext of if they did not have the ca then that debt was not enforceable. I may not get anywhere with that one, but I wiil give them a run for their money. God they just get me so mad!!!!!!!

The credit card I had with them had late payment charges on them which I have claimed for ,and oh yes, I can have them back as well. But I don't have a ca for that one. They only sent me the application form. So we will see about that one as well.

The recorded telephone conversations nearly mad me cry. I kept on saying Oh thank you and I was like a trusting lamb to the slaughter. I asked for a loan for £5,000 and ended up with a loan that I had to pay back over £32995.00 speechless-smiley-040.gif

I will go all the way with this because I have asked for interest at 8% to be applied to all of these refunded fees, because they have had that money in their system for up to 5 years. If I take it to courts that is the sum I will receive, so I am standing firm with this.

Does anybody know of any newspapers who might be interested in this little fight. If you do please let me know. I will tell them everything.

My advice is stand strong against these company, because they know we are right.

:o That is shocking behaviour, they have had it good for so many years now. I will be claiming back over 7000 from one company and the other one does not even have the courage to tell me how much PPI I have paid them!

Will keep an eye on your thread - keep us posted and good luck :D

Hello,

Have spent all weekend on another masterpiece of a letter, replying very politely to the points in their letter offering me a token payment to shut me up and go away.

Standing firm on this

Want everything plus, 8% interest from 2002 and compensation. How much compensation should I ask for. What is that worth? . fraud -deceiving me, making denials, not giving me the info that they had. stringing me along. Sending me threatening letters and harassing me morning, noon and night. Defaulting me with the blink of an eye. credit rating in tatters. Emotional distress, having to seek medical treatment etc etc etc

Lets see what happens now.

Keep you posted.

Hello, Had the infamous *&* on the telphone tonight. Even though I wrote to them to not ring and put all correspondence in writing,

I was from the debt management team trying to squeeze more money out of me.

I told them that I was not prepared to discuss anything about the account because the account was in dispute. I think he nearly fell of his chair, they don't expect that sort of answer, do they.

After leaving me hanging on the telephone for an eternity, whilst he spoke to his boss. They then told me that in his notes the dispute had been resolved on the 13th March and that I had been sent a cheque.

News to me,

I had to inform them very nicely that It was up to me to decide when I felt the dispute was resolved, and not them. Controlling again.

Well watch this space. I have responded to their last letter offering me a small token goodwill gesture, telling them that i want the full amount, plus interest, and has anybody got a figure for compensation, because I will have to state that amount in my LBA which is due to be sent in the next few days.

bump

Bumpetey Bump, Damm sleeping Policeman are everywhere these days..lol

Hi Hellhasnofury, Oh just noticed the Ferret has gone again..lol

The amount for compensation / Damages is a tricky one really, You may well be asked to state a good case as to the amount of compensation / Damages that you have asked for.

What I did in my claim was to ask for a sum in way of Damages / Compensation but that the amount of any award I would leave up to the discression of the Court. Funny enough they have mentioned this in their defence and have asked to state to the strickest proof as to the amount of loss that I have suffered... Well I forget how many bloody Keyboards I have burned out writing to them..lol

Well better get back and finish off my comments to their defence..lol I also got the AQ from the court today at long last, It has to be back by the 1st April, so will get everything finished off and get it posted off on Monday Morning.

Ian

Hello,

Yes the ferrets gone again :mad: and I do hope it returns very soon. In my last (just a minute, you theiving **** I mentioned the word compensation, just to warn them. I think in my lba I will mention compensation for distress being deceived etc, etc but leave the amount open and see what they say:lol:

Gotta try haven't you.:grin:

Anyway thanks for the post and good advice

Have you noticed the no of threads in the ppi section is increasing.

Do you get Aberdeen Rowies in Dundee

I have noticed that the Number of post in the PPI section is Increasing on a daily basis, The publicity around this market is obviously starting to have a bit of an effect.

Sadly the closest thing we get to Aberdeen Rowies are so called Aberdeen Butteries from Tescos, which leave a lot to the imagination and are nothing like the real thing, You cant beat the old Aitkens or Thains Rowies.. I still go to Aberdeen fairly often so next time I go I will try and arrange with the red cross to get you a food parcel of Aberdeen Rowies sent..lol

Well had yet another late night or early morning finishing off my response to GE's Defence, got to bed just after 4.30 am and up again at 7 am to walk the dogs.. Thankfully I have the day off today, but have a bit of a hectic weekend ahead. 90th Birthday Function tonight, Away early Sat morning to Penrith and back to exchange Puppy, Then Big Tescos Awards night Function on Sunday night. Thank god I have Monday off as well.

Right just got to know highlight the points in my claim that GE's Solicitors have not made any mention off, then get it faxed off to them.

Ian

Well Maybe the Cavalry have just arrived...lol In the legal way...

More Later..lol

Well Maybe the Cavalry have just arrived...lol In the legal way...

More Later..lol

A bit secretative,;) you'd best spill the beans:razz:

Quick Update,

A legal Whiz on here had a look over all my paperwork..Got the reply that GE's Defence was weak and really nit picking and trying to bully scare me off.. Reply has now been sent to their Solicitor and AQ will be posted off to court on Monday..

I feel a lot better about the claim now..Big thanks to Legal Bob :)

Well better head off Busy weekend this weekend, And have not decided if I ill Iron shirt for tonight or nip 5 mins down the road to Tesco's and buy one..lol

Ian

Quick Update,

A legal Whiz on here had a look over all my paperwork..Got the reply that GE's Defence was weak and really nit picking and trying to bully scare me off.. Reply has now been sent to their Solicitor and AQ will be posted off to court on Monday..

I feel a lot better about the claim now..Big thanks to Legal Bob :)

Well better head off Busy weekend this weekend, And have not decided if I ill Iron shirt for tonight or nip 5 mins down the road to Tesco's and buy one..lol

Ian

Excellent news have a good weekend:razz:

Hello, I have nearly broken my leg falling over the dog to get to the post box this morning. So can I get them for that:lol:

There was only one letter from *&* asking me for more money:eek: Have they not realised the seriousness of my complaint and who they are dealing with:lol:

I have spent the best part of the morning with lba letters non-compliance letters etc etc.

I have just got back from a mad dash to the post office to get them out today, so they will have them on Monday and then I truely believe the sparks will fly.

Truely getting a bit knaffed off with them now:-x