Royal Mail lost my parcel with laptop which I sold on Ebay (£375)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send a letter of claim but I suggest that you start reading the stories on this subforum to understand all the principles.

Also read up on the steps involved taking a small claim in the county court.

Post a Draft of your letter of claim here before you send it off

Was the value correctly declared and was the item correctly declared as a laptop?

The level of insurance cover is irrelevant

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, whitelist said:

As far as I am aware, the only Royal Mail service that covers consequential loss w...

And for the record, an example of "consequential loss" might be where the item is lost and so the purchase of the item is unable to fulfil some other commitment to somebody else that they needed the item for. That would be consequential loss and it is almost impossible to argue it to the extent that it might be recoverable.

The level of insurance is relevant only to the extent that where it is insured, a value has been declared. It is the declared value which is relevant.

If the post office accept an item for which the value has been declared at £200, then it is reasonable to hold them responsible for the loss at a liability level of £200.