EVRI lost DYSON worth £699! court claim issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes. Stick to your timetables. Don't give way not even a minute.

If they offer you a compromise payment then only accept it under protest and subject to their understanding that you will be proceeding for the rest.

We can help you get all of your money back. You simply have to be patient and persistent and don't stand for any nonsense

• Like 1

email from Evri. Can I now send my letter of claim?

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your parcel and for advising us that your parcel has not been received.

I have conducted an extensive search and unfortunately, our tracking system is currently unable to locate your parcel. Due to the amount of time that has elapsed since we last received a tracking update, I must unfortunately deem this parcel unaccounted for.

I apologise for this disappointing outcome, I can appreciate how frustrating this news may be to receive. The quickest way to resolve this quickly is to contact the retailer/sender of the parcel who will explain their options to you, which may include a refund or replacement.

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Evri Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help. 

Kind regards,
Evri Customer Services

Yes, send it now.

Open your account with the MoneyClaim website and prepare your particulars of claim and post the draft here.

Get ready to click off your claim exactly 15 days after your letter of claim

I have posted my letter of claim today. Does that mean I need to click off the claim 15 consecutive days after (19 June 2023)

please find draft of particulars of claim

On the 23rd May 2023, the defendant agreed to deliver a parcel value £699, to an address in the United Kingdom. delivery fee: £3.70. The defendant failed to deliver the parcel, and confirmed it lost on the 3 June 2023. 

The defendants have referred me to the retailer as it was a return but the retailer is holding EVRi liable for the loss of the item.  The claimant is exercising their rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. 

The claimant claims full reimbursement of £702.70 (item value plus delivery fee) plus court fees and interest pursuant to section 69, County Courts Act 1984.

3 hours ago, Moseet said:

I have posted my letter of claim today. Does that mean I need to click off the claim 15 consecutive days after (19 June 2023)

If you need to ask this question it means that you haven't done the reading that we have been advising you to do

You haven't put in the tracking reference number in your particulars of claim. This means that they will receive the claim papers and have no idea what you're talking about or who you are

On the 23rd May 2023, the defendant agreed to deliver a parcel (TRACKING: H004HD0321622188) value £699, to an address in the United Kingdom. delivery fee: £3.70. The defendant failed to deliver the parcel, and confirmed it lost on the 3 June 2023. 

The defendants have referred me to the retailer as it was a return but the retailer is holding EVRi liable for the loss of the item.  The claimant is exercising their rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. 

The claimant claims full reimbursement of £702.70 (item value plus delivery fee) plus court fees and interest pursuant to section 69, County Courts Act 1984.

Edited by BankFodder
edits in red
  • Like 1

EVRI REPLIED

Regarding parcel xxxxx

I am very sorry that you have received an update from another advisor saying it is unaccounted for, seems there was more than one complaint open on the system.

Please ignore that response as we are still investigating this.

I can confirm that we have been advised so far that the courier returned the parcel to the depot the next day however, the parcel was not scanned correctly.

We have been advised that the cctv has been checked and we can see that the parcel was loaded to the depot van along with other parcels which were due to be delivered to the Winwick depot.

I have now raised this with Winwick depot to do a search for the parcel and will update once we have received a response.

I am very sorry for the delay and hope we can get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards 

Sarah  

Have you issued the claim?

Dear Sarah.

Ref.xxxxx

I have sent you a letter of claim and I will be starting the county port claim as promised unless you refund me my money or you find my parcel. 

signed

Evri reply

We are sincerely sorry that the settlement did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We have a contract with QVC to offer a standard return service with a maximum level of compensation set at £50. In the event of loss or damage this is the maximum settlement as agreed by both parties.

As your settlement exceeds this value we would suggest that you speak with QVC.

They can also check tracking with the parcel number provided.

I understand that on this occasion you may want to refrain from providing any payment details until you have spoken to QVC, I will log the claim details and leave the claim open pending further instruction from yourself.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Who signed that letter? Why are you hiding their identity

Reference number XXX
Thanks for this message Beverley
I know you are just doing your job – see you in court, no doubt.

Signed

• 1 month later...

Please let us have the particulars of claim which you have filed in PDF format.

When you receive the defence we would like to see that in PDF format as well please

Okay – surprisingly short – but it has the basic information which is needed.

Please keep us updated.

You will receive an acknowledgement – at the last moment.
You will then receive a defence – at the last moment.
You will then receive a directions questionnaire.

Have you considered whether you want to go to mediation? We would suggest that it is better not to and to go directly to trial.

1 hour ago, Moseet said:

The particulars of claim were approved by yourself back in June hence I sent it across.

Thank God I didn't say that it was rubbish 😁.

Yes, all mediation outcomes are successful although sometimes people lose their nerve and they give up their court costs.

However we are now encouraging people to go directly to trial in order to get a judgment on the issue and an award of all of their costs without any mucking around

35 minutes ago, Moseet said:

Ok I may go for the mediation option in that case. However, I will definitely be sticking out for the full value plus court cost.

Do you know the general timeframe for this? I know they have 14 days to respond

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

You will receive an acknowledgement – at the last moment.
You will then receive a defence – at the last moment.
You will then receive a directions questionnaire.

Timeframe could be anything from four months to 8 months or even a year.

Did you claim interest?