Letter from Retail loss prevention

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice please.

Letter received from RLP stating that they have proof of a family member scanning cheaper bar codes on a self scan till. Family member was recently challenged in store, denied the incident and left the store abandoning all shopping, verbally advised that they’re never to return. Police were not called.

They have not returned to the store since but have now received a letter stating that previous visits (can only assume they used the loyalty card to identify the person) have shown that they have proof of 20 plus till receipts with reduced items. Family member has admitted to me that they have on occasions used a cheaper barcode but they don’t believe it to be as often as they’re stating. 

Family member is worried sick but more so that they’re unsure if the store will report to the police( incident in store happened 3 weeks ago), letter received 1 week after. Family member replied to letter from DLP by email disputing the claim but said they would consider paying a reduced fee to avoid further letters (they regret replying now but panicked). The company responded requesting an offer is put to them for consideration. They have provided as estimate value per transition ie £40 each transaction plus all their additional charges.

When would it be likely that the store would report the incident to the police?  

It likely they have evidence if they’ve been able to provide RLP with online receipts.

Should they block emails and ignore any further correspondence?

Or pay?  

If they pay do some of the funds go back to the store so they’re reimbursed financially?

Family member is very remorseful and this has given them the shock they needed not to do this again.  

moved to the RLP forum.

ignore everything

shame they gave them a bone!!

nothing they nor anyone can do to her

type in RLP in our search top right and get reading up!!

its a scam.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have researched RLP forums and can see that the advice is to ignore.

I can’t see any posts where someone has responded to them and gave them anything to go on and to then ignore them.  Would she be in more trouble for doing this?

Is it likely that the store have reported and provided the Police with CCTV following her being stopped by the store manager?  My family member is feeling very unwell with worry and has considered presenting herself at the police.

Shes not able to state how often or do what value of goods that she has been deceitful with but at times she was visiting the store daily.  

1 hour ago, LottieLouLou said:

I can’t see any posts where someone has responded to them and gave them anything to go on and to then ignore them.  Would she be in more trouble for doing this? - nope!!

Is it likely that the store have reported and provided the Police with CCTV following her being stopped by the store manager?  

My family member is feeling very unwell with worry and has considered presenting herself at the police. - no police cant now be involved ever, store wont waste 100s hours trawling CCTV. FORGET ABOUT IT.

Shes not able to state how often or do what value of goods that she has been deceitful with but at times she was visiting the store daily.  - so what!!

as we do with most of the shopliftin threads,... best to go see her doctor...it's a cry for help..

trust me ignore everything do nothing forget about it.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have shared your response with my family member.  

She has stated that RLP have informed her that their client has CCTV footage that puts her at the self service tills and have linked them to the debit card transactions where there are numerous items shown as reduced.  The same reduced barcode for a small value was used each time.

It is likely that they may have already trawled through the CCTV before stopping her.  Is it likely that they may still involve the Police with the evidence they have? They did not detain her on the day she was stopped.

police were not involved at the time, so cannot now, nor would they ever have been interested in the 1st place in getting involved.

seriously, they, as the store are only interested in the organised gangs that carry out mass shoplifting to fund further criminal acts.

members of joe public, even if they confess to multiple previous events or even if multiple events might be prevalent, are not on stores' radar, it does the stores no favour at all, to compound, what is probably understood through decades of dealing them, to take things further. it's hoped it's dealt with by the person with their family or professional help like a GP.  they recognise it's a cry for help.

please, totally ignore the very cleverly worded letters people like RLP and DWF send out, if read their letters CAREFULLY, you'll actually see , just like letters you get from DCA's, that they never say WILL anywhere....every other word BUT that one.

it's a scam, the retailers dont see a penny of anything you pay RLP/DWF, their staff run straight down the pub, just like a DCA does if you pay them ANYTHING.

tell her to move on..

dx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and they