60+ Oyster card - months of misuse **SETTLED BY formal warning and pay a fine**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Dx100uk. 
it was very reassuring. 

please can you advise how I can provide evidence of historic annual season tickets from 2018 to 2022?

would they be able to see on their systems?

Regards

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no proof anyone can see past 2mts. but thats only from threads here.

if you paid by debit card then you should have a like transaction on your bank statement for that time?

did you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Looking at past statements. Not sure on how I paid. I do know that one of ticket was paid in cash. 

I have drafted a reply. Please can you advise and give your feed back. 

Thank you for your email.

First of all I would sincerely like to apologise to you and TFL for my actions. I truly regret my actions. 

When interviewed on the day of the incident, I told the enforcement officer that I used the card for a couple of months. Thinking back, it may have been further back by another month or so. 

If you can access my TFL account history, you will see that I had purchased annual season ticket from 2018 to  March 2022. After this date, I was topping my oyster with cash for my travel until Jan / Feb 2023. 

Since the incident date, I have purchased monthly travel card for the month of May- June and June - July. ( please see attached )

Until 28th July, I am going to use top up as I am on annual leave for 10 days. I have since re budgeted and put some money aside to buy an annual season ticket starting from 14th Aug. 

I would once again apologise. Whilst there is no excuse for my actions, poor judgement and diminished act  responsibility caused by factors such as my current mental well-being/ menopausal issues and rising cost of living made me take decision that I would  not do under normal circumstances. This incident has made me realise the consequences which will deter me from doing this ever again in future. 

I would request you to consider if you will allow me to pay  your reasonable  incurred cost in order to dispose of this without court action. A criminal conviction in this matter will have to be disclosed at my work as my work required an enhanced dbs as submitted in my previous email which could result me in losing my job which will add financial pressures already caused by rising cost of living. 

I am truly remorseful for my actions. 

Regards

Okay. Pretty good.

Has there been any mention about your mother and her possible responsibility in it?

Dear CAG member,

I replied back to the prosecutor yesterday and received the below response today. 

Thank you for your further email.

I have presently decided to provide an alternative to the matter proceeding to Court.

Please give this consideration. If you have any questions then please let me know.

Not sure on how to interpret the email. Should I just wait for the alternate or should I ask a question. 
However, I have thanked him for not proceeding this matter to the court.

Regards

looking good!!:cheer2:

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

I received an email with a formal warning letter attached. It said that despite there being sufficient evidence available to initiate a prosecution  against me ,they have considered the mitigating circumstances and have decided to give a formal warning and pay a fine.

I have now paid the fine and sent the conditions of closure form back. The payment details were at the back pf the form. It was a straight forward call, gave ref number and payment details. They sent me confirmation for payment.

I have also made a small donation.

Just want to say thank you for all your help.

It has been the most stressful time and I do not want to experience this ever again.

Learnt lessons hard way.

• dx100uk changed the title to 60+ Oyster card - months of misuse **SETTLED BY formal warning and pay a fine**

:high5:

well done..glad we could help.

and :yo: for the donation.

dx

and they