60+ Oyster card - months of misuse **SETTLED BY formal warning and pay a fine**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, 

Is there a time frame for TFL to respond back to the initial letter? I email them 7 days ago. 
should I be  sending another email  if I do not hear from them in another week or so?

I am really very stressed and anxious. 
thanks

its a much better use of your time instead of using it to stress out about things is to FIND your own answers to your present and future questions/worries by reading the 100's of threads already here.

99% of the time peoples worries are all about nothing, but if you dont help yourself, they take command.

they are under no obligation to reply to you.

overall they have 6mts to decide if they wish to enter into the simple justice procedure and issue a court summons.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to 60+ Oyster card - months of misuse

Hi,

I have been reading quite a few threads on this forum and there seems to be different information.

Its been 2 weeks since I have sent a begging letter. Should I send another begging letter now  or wait for their reply or send 1 in 2 weeks time when I renew my monthly travel card  with proof of renewal.

I have also been suffering from anxiety which has increased  heart beat rate for which my doctor wants to do an ECG. Not sure if I can include this along with my begging letter.

Please advise.

Thank you

its no big deal seriously calm down.

On 18/05/2023 at 17:45, dx100uk said:

they are under no obligation to reply to you.

overall they have 6mts to decide if they wish to enter into the simple justice procedure and issue a court summons.

i would not write again no.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning CAG members,

Have not received any response from TFL since the initial grovelling letter. Its been 1.5 months now. Should I send email asking for updates and further begging? or hold on tight?

Many thanks

sit on your hands

they have 6mts

On 25/05/2023 at 11:23, dx100uk said:

its no big deal seriously calm down.

i would not write again no.

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just received an email from the TFL.

Please see below

Thank you for your email dated the 10th May 2023.

I am currently reviewing your case with a view to appropriate next steps and possible legal action.

TfL is concerned at the level of offending. I appreciate that date you have been up front about the use of your mothers card.

At the time of interview you had expressed a belief you had used the pass for ‘a couple of months’. Before I take further time to investigate please can you clarify if this is accurate or if it was slightly further back as is suspected. Your transparency may be of assistance.

Please can you advise on how to respond to this. Also,  should I get another begging letter to the prosecutor?

Many Thanks

so whats the truth here, will they establish a daily/weekly pattern for say the 2mts their system goes back? and if so, were there times before that , as they indicate following your belief?

have you records of payment on say cards/tickets to prove it does not extend that far back?

and they

I did tell the enforcement officer that I was using the card for a couple of months. Thinking back it may be slightly more than a couple of months. There will be a daily weekday pattern of 1 journey.

Should I say to them that it does go slightly further back than a couple of months as that is the truth.

where might you have you proof, from say bank statements, on how you paid for your travel before you started to use mums card? oyster and debit card payments?

how did you travel before using her card?

dx

and they

I started working in central London since 2018. I had a yearly travel card all the years until May last year. I started topping up my oyster card with cash since May last year.

Sorry i dont understand your question Honeybee. I was topping my oyster card with cash prior to Jan this year.

in my email to the prosecutor, should I mention use from Jan this year? 

Since There is a channel of communication opened with the prosecutor, should I be sending another grovelling letter with evidence of monthly passes purchased?

See what others think about admitting to usage dating back quite a bit more than two months. I can't figure out whether TfL know more than they're saying or if they're fishing.

Part of the reason for prosecuting is to act as a deterrent to fare dodgers. Can you prove that you've paid the right fare since you were stopped?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Frankly I think you should be completely open and honest. If you even give a slight impression that you are attempting to conceal use beyond two months then it will go worse for you.

Also, I think you should stop grovelling. All the health stuff – et cetera. They've heard it all before.

A frank apologetic letter laying it all out and saying exactly how long it's been going on and making it clear to them then it won't be happening again – is the best way.

The only thing you might consider being a bit careful about is telling them that your mother knew you were using the card. I asked you right at the outset if your mother knew anything about it and I am not sure that you have told us the answer. Are you avoiding the question?

I think you should do your best to keep your mother out of it. Does she know now? You should probably bring her into it in case she gets any surprises.

The more you try to conceal the full use, them what you will find yourself in a deeper hole. The moment you come completely clean you will feel at least one level of anxiety leaving you.

Don't forget also that if you went to court, you would have to swear on oath about your usage. If you didn't tell the truth there that would certainly add another level of anxiety to that which you are already suffering and it would be far more serious

Thanks BankFodder 

I did reply to the initial question when you asked me if my mother was aware and I said that she wasn’t. 
Since the incident I have informed her. 
I have made a mistake for which I truly repent. The only reason for my question today was To make sure I am doing the correct thing. The initial advise when the first information letter came was not to tell them any more than they know.  just wanted to be sure if I should be doing that or coming out with the truth. 

I will be truthful and apologise for my actions. I have since had 3 monthly passes and I have just topped up my account as I am going to be on annual leave for 10 days and didn’t want to buy a monthly pass. But will buy another one when I go back to work. 

Yes Honeybee, I have been paying correct fares since the incident. I have evidence to support it. 

Sure, don't say anything more than they know – but on the other hand you have now been asked a direct question and you can either answer it truthfully or else untruthfully.
One way or the other you're going to have to answer it. If you answer it un-truthfully then you're going to feel even more frightened.

Maybe you owe it to yourself and your kids and your mother to be totally straight about this – and maybe you owe it to yourself as well

the prosecutor IMHO would not be stating:

4 hours ago, Ashamedofmyaction said:

Before I take further time to investigate please can you clarify if this is accurate or if it was slightly further back as is suspected. Your transparency may be of assistance.

if this was not to your benefit, by that i think you might be onto a possible OOC here and warning letter.

tell him everything but dont use words like DID in terms of the usage. carry on in the spirit of his words... i know it sounds irish..

4 hours ago, Ashamedofmyaction said:

if this is accurate or if it was slightly further back as is suspected

something like. i have included evidence of purchased season tickets till (date) , from that date forward till around jan time, i was topping up my oyster card by cash. and yes include proof you have purchased tickets since the incident. and going forward.

good work everyone.

thats the 1st time we've seen an investigator sort of offer an olive branch in recent times.

dx

and they