Universal credit - PIP - ESA - going back to work!

peakson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just need some quick advice and help calculating our money from benefits that I will list.

Employment and support allowance (myself)

Personal independence payment(myself)

Enhanced daily living

Standard mobility

Universal credit and elements we get

Standard allowance (myself and partner)

Housing (all £775)

Children x 2 (two children)

Disabled children 1 (one disability)

Carer (partner for me)

Limited capability for work and work related activity (myself)

Carers allowance(claimed by partner for me)

Child benefit (two children)

Disability living allowance middle rate(one child) 

I understand there's alot being claimed when it could all just come from Universal credit but we prefer the fortnightly, four weekly and monthly payments spread out.

I listed as (myself) above, plan to take on a 12 month course(that I pay for) that enters me into a job position, what will work great for me as I will have more of a understanding if I can manage to take on work or it could just mean I am not ready to go back into work, I feel motivated and excited about it all.

Right the question and calculation help, I'm not sure how my benefits will be effected, and it would be a good idea to work out my income after I complete my course, I have been offered a guaranteed job position that starts on £35000 minimum, what is quite a decent wage at the moment, could anyone tell me what benefits would evaporate and when would they? Would it be before or after the course? And how much help will we still get.

Sorry for the brain confusion of this post I hope someone can help

My partner is currently unable to work but its best left at that

Thank you

I don't know if anyone here has in-depth knowledge for all those benefits, maybe someone will turn up today.

If you don't have a benefits adviser at the council or connected with your course, you could try this calculator.

WWW.ENTITLEDTO.CO.UK

Welcome to entitledto's free benefit calculator. To find out what you might be able to claim enter your details and you'll receive an estimate of your...

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

ESA claim would have to be closed as soon as you start employment of 16 hours per week or more or earn more than £167 per week. And once ESA closed you would not have the ESA amount deducted from UC award.

Universal credit would be adjusted to take into account employment earnings. So if you earned £35k per year which would be about £2300 take home per month, the monthly UC award, would be reduced by about £1050 taking into account work allowance and 55p per £1 deduction rate.

LCWRA under UC would continue and be subject to reassessment when this is due. Returning back to work will not affect this before reassessment outcome, however the medical professional is bound to consider that you have proved capability to work.

UC carer element can continue, as returning to work does not alter eligibility of your partner caring for you.

With the PIP claim, as soon as you start the 12 month course with guaranteed employment at the end of it, you would need to contact them with all information to see if the grounds for claiming have changed. Have the health/disabilities impact on daily living and mobility changed since you were last assessed for the benefit? The employment does not directly affect PIP, as earnings are not relevant, but of course actual work activities could suggest a change to the circumstances that led to the PIP elements being awarded.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread