I was facing legal costs from IDRW that were £20k alone - i settled....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Wakanda said:

I read a lot of BS on this site,  spoke to several scam companies, and was luckily guided by a proper solicitor who correctly identified that NBD were in breach of the UK consumer credit act to proceed with a case.  

uk credit act does not apply to foreign debts.

7 minutes ago, Wakanda said:

You can approach your creditor/bank and ask for information and a very low payment plan even if it takes you 100yrs to pay off!

as we state on every thread related to a UAE debt including this one.

8 minutes ago, Wakanda said:

I hope you get to read this info before they delete the truth!   

we have not and do not delete anything.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As stated earlier….it does apply!   You also admitted that it does for some people!  Your own post!     However rather than repeat it to a brick wall I suggest anyone that is in this situation either does their own research or seeks a genuinely qualified opinion.   You are giving completely false information

nope it does not.

7 minutes ago, Wakanda said:

You also admitted that it does for some people!  Your own post!

where?? never for a foreign debt. there is not ONE uk court case on a foreign debt where it has even been mention in judgement, witness statements nor defence.

please go find one. 

8 minutes ago, Wakanda said:

You are giving completely false information

nope.

you got had as i explained on your thread.

the arrangement you and the fleecers agreed to had zero to do with anything related to any court hearing at all and certainly not one whereby the claimant agreed they had to abide by the UK consumer credit act.

they simply removed their fake interest because your guarantee cheques bounced as they do. you thought you'd got a deal....

but as everyone else is saying, you've not posted up one document to prove anything of what you state.

as far as your usefulness to users of CAG that have a like UAE debt see, you've entered into a payment arrangement. 

got had.

no SD

no letter of claim

no court claim.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

stop changing my words. our as in UK debt which means as you say below.

correct - UK law - which is nothing to do with the UK consumer credit act which is not enforceable on foreign debts - you got had blind and paid £1k to get led up a path.

find me ONE foreign debt court case ANYWHERE in the UK justice system at any time, that mentions the consumer credit act 1974 in its judgement for or against. there is not one. utter total BS.

@honeybee13

where?

dx

Post #64 dx. Where HB asked if anyone can explain how i was able to login as you even though i can't or even have access to. As Wakanda claims I logged in as you with an alias

but what post was  @honeybee13  referencing?

and they

Blimey DX!   You do babble on!   I urge anyone that reads this forum to read through this thread very carefully!   It’s so easy to see that you are the one fishing for victims!   You are giving out false advice to ignore letters and demanding people expose their identities to you with documents!     It stinks like a rotten catch!    

people can read your lapses in errors!  Fellah,  you have exposed yourself as a multiple alias trickster.  They can all READ!!!!!    Delete away but it’s too late now!

Mary-Anne.  Once again DX is giving you false information.    NBD does know what IDRW are doing!   IDRW will assess your ability to pay a debt and check your credit file.  When NBD do hand it over to IDRW they are unfortunately in control of recovery.    NBD will no longer engage with you!    You are best to try to contact NBD and ask for the case handler to establish where your case is at.

You have nothing more to lose, since they now already know your UK address and they will not let go!    Only by trying to beat IDRW can you save any money unless ofcourse there is a breach of the UK consumer credit act (unlikely to be honest - mine was an admin error).you can find the NBD contact online by searching debt collection department.  

do not let IDRW be the one you deal with if you can avoid it.   Do NOT ignore the letters - beat the ***^ at their own game!

More evidence against you DX!  Tut tut tut!

#bbcripoffbritain

Edited by Wakanda

"£1k to get led up garden path"

The number of people on this site and elsewhere who have posted to advise that they could not find many Solicitors that dealt with foreign debts and those they could find wanted about £500 just to take a look at the information available. And a lot more for any further work to negotiate with foreign creditors or their UK Solicitors.

£1k would be incredibly cheap to examine all evidence, draft up defences and negotiate with creditors.

Does not sound like a normal Solicitors dealt with this for £1k. There are Solicitors linked to a well known UK Dubai advice company who mostly appear to just negotiate settlements. And people can search for these and ask their own questions about this company.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

its all very confusing but I reckon it boils down to this. if you have assets they might come and get you. if you dont then they'll chase you but probably do nothing. if you've got a big debt then best off ignoring (even a pap) until a court letter turns up then go to a 'prop' solicitor and turn them over on a technicality.