Evri - Lost 2 ebay parcels approx. £600 - court claim issued

jmxo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm out and simply on my telephone at the moment but if you have carried out the suggestions and that is probably okay.

Yes I followed the suggestions

Also just to make sure, should I be adding to the bundle the email of Packlink acknowledging loss and offering the unilateral £25 loss compensation?

On the one hand it could be unnecessary since EVRi have already said the item was lost in their defence. But this would show a record of the unilateral payment, and I'm also reading this thread where the poster also put it in

Also if so - should I also add my reply to that email where I said the compensation wasn't enough?

Edited by jmxo

Yes, why not although it won't make any difference

Hi,

Just to update, so the court deadline was the 19th and I didn't receive a letter from Evri or hear back anything.

Is this to be expected, are Evri just going to ignore everything and waste time

They both got mine a few days ago since my letters were tracked

Pretty normal but if nothing is received by next Monday then write to the court and complain but they have failed to obey the order of the court

Hi, I am about to start this whole process with Evri and am raising a formal complaint today with 14-day notice to get the ball rolling. I'm following this thread as the OP and volunteer site team have provided really good comments/feedback that I may refer to, should Evri not locate/deliver my parcel in the next 14 days.

@jmxo I hope Evri settles your claim in full! Good luck!

1 hour ago, occysrazor said:

Hi, I am about to start this whole process with Evri and am raising a formal complaint today with 14-day notice to get the ball rolling. I'm following this thread as the OP and volunteer site team have provided really good comments/feedback that I may refer to, should Evri not locate/deliver my parcel in the next 14 days.

@jmxo I hope Evri settles your claim in full! Good luck!

Please will you start your own thread and let us know what you are doing step by step and show  your documents before you post them.

We are finding many people are starting to try and do it on their own, which is great, but then they make errors and we have to help them sort it out which causes difficulties for us and for the claimants and also more expense for the claimants.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't hear back from the court in regards to Evri not sending me any of their things, but today I received a court letter with a date for the hearing. Set for 29th July

Kinda wondering what's going on now since in that other thread, the person said Evri contacted him to just settle before they had to pay the hearing fee but I don't know when or if that's going to happen for me.
Today's letter also didn't mention anything about an additional hearing fee, it kinda just gives the date and some points about the hearing

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit surprised that you haven't been required to pay the hearing fee.

Have you prepared and filed your court bundle?

@Andyorch

bothsides one mass pdf

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 01/07/2023 at 12:28, BankFodder said:

I'm a bit surprised that you haven't been required to pay the hearing fee.

Have you prepared and filed your court bundle?

@Andyorch

Normally date of payment for the hearing fee is listed as part of the directions within the Notice of Allocation n157.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It may be in error by the court that they think you've paid the fee – when it seems that you haven't.

You should doublecheck the DQ again – carefully and see if there is any reference.

If not then although it is tempting to hope that it is a mistake and you might get away without paying – this would be a good idea and you should probably telephone the court and point out that you haven't paid the fee and you haven't been asked to pay and what should you do.

Also I've asked you if you have prepared your court bundle. You haven't answered this

That's a N24 Notice of PTR (Pre Trial Review /case Management) not your Notice of Allocation N157 or equivalent as this is a Beta MCOL new style claim.

If the defendant has failed to comply with the directions (you said you had not received a response/statements ?) this hearing could be to determine the defendant's actions and possibly strike out their  defence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

Yes I never got any letter from Evri

I doublechecked the DQ, it doesnt mention anything about a further payment. It was just about the stage of sending them the witness statement and relevant documents. Is this definitely a different payment to the initial £35 you pay when starting the mcol?

Yes I attached the court bundle in this thread in message 75

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible this date had a mistake on the year, 29 July 2024? No chance it's supposed to be in a few weeks?

So this really gets dragged out a year and 18 months total cause Evri don't want to show up to a mediation..

Probably not a mistake – but telephone the courts.

Are you claiming interest? 8% per year until the day of judgement is not too bad – although I realise it would be better to get it all sorted soon.

Phone the courts

Hi BankFodder,

I just tried calling their 2 numbers a few times - aren't answering phone calls. Checked the google reviews and this seems standard unfortunately

I can send another email to them but technically they actually never responded to my follow up emails, emails alongside letters etc. They just dealt in letters

I have just sent this email. Do you know how common is this sort of year delay in hearing is? In all the other threads I've read here issues were either settled at mediation, or Evri contacted back within a few weeks to settle, or things progressed at a quicker rate

For example there's a thread like this very similar to mine has come and gone

This process feels very confusing and frustrating now

Thanks for your help again,

I'm not sure what to say about it. I know that waiting times can be quite long – but one year seems excessive.
On the other hand if the date is really meant to be this year and you miss it then you are going to end up with a judgement against you.

You could even drop an email to EVRi – to the signatory of the defence and ask them.

Hi,

Since they effectively ignored everything else except for their initial defence, the only email I have of them is this generic evri.claims@EVRi-europe.co.uk which they put in their defence.

I don't even have this Judy Cobbett's email

I've tried calling the court again to no success, but sent another email. I assume at this point if nothing happens in a few days I might have to just go there and try get some response from the front desk

Edited by jmxo

Hi,

Ok I've received an email back from the court, they are confirming the date is July 2024

This process taking 18 months sounds all too ridiculous to me but idk what I can do about it..

It's gross how Evri ignore mediation calls and court orders to drag things out like this

Yes it is extremely long. It's crazy.

Did you claim interest in your particulars of claim? If you did then you are getting 8% per year.

I'm afraid that this is what the parcel delivery companies do. They use up scarce public resources. Most of the time they simply said that mediation but it is sufficiently complicated to put most people off and that is the way that the parcel delivery companies including EVRi save money