IDR Dubai debt statutory demand threat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been following these forums and threads for years as I have been receiving emails and letters from IDR from a debt in Dubai.

I chose to ignore them but have now received a letter from IDR legal saying that I have 3 weeks to respond or they will issue a statutory demand.

I am now panicking a bit and have been searching for any information on whether I should respond or wait and what happens if I do receive the demand?

Any previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you x

• dx100uk changed the title to IDR Dubai debt statutory demand threat

have you to date ever written to the originating bank with your correct and current uk address, esp if you've moved since returning to the uk?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thanks for responding. I emailed the bank when I first returned to the uk in 2017 but I didn’t get much joy. I have never responded to IDR and they continue to write to my mothers address but no one knows where I am living now 

Forewarned is forearmed .....This tactic should not be used as a form of debt collection if there is a genuine dispute IDR seem to have forgotten this recently.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

you should WRITE to the original creditor giving your current and correct address

dont ever hide from debt.

dx

• I agree 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Mmmmm on this occasion I wouldn't advise that :classic_happy:

A statutory demand must be served in person by either handing it to the individual concerned

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Apologies for the confusion but dx100uk, I read previously that you said these companies like Idr cannot do anything over here in the uk.. am I to write a letter to emirates enbd and put it in the post box? Thanks again 

correct.

they (IDR)  cant do anything on their OWN, which means they are under the instruction of the Original Creditor, as their comms will say 'our client' xxxx.

however if they discover that you have not formally in WRITING informed the OC of your correct and current address, could quite legally use an old UK address to file a county court claim or an SD etc that you might never see so can never defend against. a backdoor CCJ.

never run from debt.

and they

How to serve a statutory demand

You must deliver (‘serve’) the statutory demand form by:

• giving it to the individual who owes you money (you should try all their known addresses)
  • leaving it at the registered office of the company or partnership that owes money (or the main place of business if they do not have a registered office)
  • giving it to the company’s director, company secretary, manager or principal officer
  • get a ‘process server’ to serve it for you (a solicitor can arrange this)

You can only send it by registered post or put it through a letterbox if it cannot be delivered in person.

and they

How did they get your mothers address ?

It’s the address I used to set the bank up as my uk address when I was over there. So just to clarify, I write to the bank today giving them my address and post it. Then what do I do? What if the SD tries to be handed to my mum in 3 weeks? 

Nothing more you can do.

as for it being posted at your mums address, if it does you must respond to it.

however as i've said on several UAE SD threads here , anyone can download the form and fill it in AS A THREAT, IF they are ever going to present it to a court is a totally diff matter and IDR are extremely well known for this tactic 

and they

well most uae threads here say that if its obvious the OP has never informed the bank where they now are to always write and tell them.

backdoor CCJ click and read

and they

I don’t understand why the creditor needs to know my address though if I am going to ignore. What good is it doing for them to know where I live? 

hopefully no news is good news though as I have been reading up since 2016 and have never found a solution! I vow to update all progress here for others lol 

• Like 1

You need to protect against backdoor litigation to an old address. The 1st knowledge of which would probably be Bailiffs at your door. 

Don't forget no human sees anything it's all rubber-stamped at our northants robocourt.

and they

2 minutes ago, Lovetoteach said:

. We could be paying ‘IDR’ and enbd know nothing about it

yep as i warn in many threads here.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

go up the top of their thread following in green click it

but if you've posted on a thread 

you are auto following anyway

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure why we need new threads all the while, it’s the same convo and it’s good to discuss with people in the same position …. Im at the one week mark, holding out to see what the SD looks like before I take any more action… 

• Like 1

it shows the depth and scale of the scam and also draws attention from twitter users to the issue.

the more we help show the scale of the scamming, the less people will get scammed, wet themselves and blindly cough up.

once they read all the threads they will know how to properly react in their individual situation.

and they