#EVRI Parcel Delivered with excessive damage to box and contents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I'm new here, discovering this site after looking into a way to resolve my damaged delivery issue. Hopefully this is the correct procedure to follow, if not, please direct me to the right place for seeking assistance. 

I returned a new steel bicycle frame in the same, item specific, packaging that it was sent to my home address via the uk distributor. Everything was packaged as received and well covered with Zipp tied foam padding and a thick cardboard exterior in a well fitting size specific box. Despite paying for next day delivery, the box arrived three days later and with excessive damage to the box and frame inside.

You will be able to see the bodged attempt to cover the damaged box. Any clear tape or blue plastic has been applied during delivery. The box arrived with the addition internal padding removed and the exposed frame inside (made from thick steel) has received a significant impact denting the head tube so that it is longer round and therefore unable to have the required headset fitted, making it unusable and in my case not in a fit condition to be refunded as intended.

It looks to me like the bottom section of the box has been torn open, the internal contents have fallen out or been removed, packing has been removed and then the items returned and badly patched together. 

I'm currently awaiting a response from evri after raising the issue via their automated online help process. I did not pay for the additional insurance and consider this to be gross negligence on their part.

Do I have a strong case for pursuing a claim against them and if so, what is the best way to proceed?

Here are some photos of the damaged delivery that the shop has supplied me with:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/197459507@N08/shares/28Zrs3bj1k

Edited by optitic
adding twitter tag

• optitic changed the title to #EVRI Parcel Delivered with excessive damage to box and contents

Please can you give us more detail about who you bought it from in the first place .

Why did you return it ?

How long after you bought it did you return it ?

Who arranged the return? Was you or did you use the sellers label?

Also, when it was returned was it properly declared and was it insured under their so-called insurance scheme?

I have just noticed that you have answered the question about insurance .

How long ago did all of this happen and when did you make your complaint to EVRi?

Frame was purchased online from bikes and buddies early December and returned due to the weight and size being unsuitable for my needs.  

item was posted next day on Tuesday 3rd Jan 2023 via local Tesco express drop off centre. 

Item was received by shop on Friday 6th Jan.

issue reported by shop to my via email today and I have raised the issue with evri via their online help system. 

Proving the box was fine on drop off is my initial concern, however I’m going to speak to the Tesco express store / garage forecourt to see if they will supply the footage of the box drop off via: 

It would help enormously if you would go through my post please and answer the question specifically point by point. .

We need precise answers to each question .

They are all relevant and we are trying to help you

Please don't be distracted for the moment.

Please can you give us more detail about who you bought it from in the first place:

SHOP.BIKESANDBUDDIES.CO.UK

We are a premium retailer for Kona in the UK. We offer full service facilities through our workshop and service centre. If you are looking at a new bike purchase we have experienced staff on hand to assist you on road bikes...

Why did you return it ?
Weight and size

Purchased: 4th December

Who arranged the return? Was you or did you use the sellers label?

I arranged the return via evri website

Also, when it was returned was it properly declared and was it insured under their so-called insurance scheme?
Value entered into the field during booking process online, did not pay for extra insurance.

How long ago did all of this happen and when did you make your complaint to EVRi?
Parcel returned Tuesday 3rd Jan, dropped off at local Tesco express petrol station 17:04. 
Complaint made today 10th Jan 11:33am

Thank you

6 hours ago, optitic said:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i bet they'll reject it or offer some punitive figure because you didn't or did do 'something'

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry I have been neglecting this thread .

I'm up to my my teeth trying to sort out a possible story for the times this Saturday .

Because go through then it will be quite a serious story focusing on the courier industry but especially EVRi .

Watch this space!