Bought an MS laptop which i returned, with proof Via UPS. got a chargeback but MS reversed it - help

Student43
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

About 4 months ago I started university and i needed a laptop.

from my first instalment of my student loan I bought a laptop from direct from Microsoft

I then returned it as I found a cheaper one online.

they never got back to me and I never received emails

I had to beg for a return label and they had to file transfer me one over the phone as they never emailed me back.

every time I called I got the usual you will hear back within 24 to 48 hours which I never did.

Once returning the laptop and seeing it was delivered back to them I contacted them asking for a status update which I was told to just wait

after 2 and a half weeks of waiting I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said I will have to raise a dispute with my bank as they did not want to deal with me anymore.

I then contacted Barclays and opened a dispute and provided the tracking number, a photo of the parcel in the ups drop off point on the floor and a pdf file of the proof of delivery which is a document they signed on delivery. I then received the money back from Barclays

a few days after this then I bought a laptop that was much more affordable.

Then 4 months later (This week)

I got a letter from Barclays saying my dispute was unsuccessful and I was given no reason why.

I'm really worried as they have now re-debited my account and I have -£1400 in my bank and I feel like crying as I have no money to survive as all the money going into my account will get eaten up

please can someone give me advice.

I have asked to reopen the dispute but I have yet to hear back.

I've never been in the negative

I'm worried about the impacts this could have on me

I'm so confused as I've provided all the necessary information to Barclays.

(PS I have attempted to recontact Microsoft 2 days ago and they said I would receive a email in 48 hours which I also have not

it feels like its going in a loop and im getting really scared and how they can get away with this

Ps - Sorry for the rant thanks to anyone who can help ;

next time please enter blank lines and sentences.

this is a forum not facebook where this are posted as one mass block of text,

so, what are you saying , the courier MS used to return the laptop lost it?

and who was that courier.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to bought MS laptop, lost in return, got Barclay Charge back but it got reversed

sorry i see it was UPS correct?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to bought MS laptop, lost by UPS following MS returns label, got Barclay Charge back but it got reversed

I really do apologise,

Yes it was ups and it say it arrived back to their warehouse, they received it.

its not UPS's issue

i tracked the package and there it says delivered

I even got a signature from microsoft as the proof of delivery provide by ups.

• dx100uk changed the title to Bought an MS laptop which i returned, with proof Via UPS. got a chargeback but MS reversed it - help

ok that makes things clearer.

did you return the laptop to MS within 14 days of receiving it , as this was an online transaction?

your target here is MS, nothing to do with barclays now 

and they

It was returned a bit after but the support said this was fine as I was waiting for a response / label, and the return process was initiated within the 14 day period, I have attempted with Microsoft tons. to the point of them telling me to contact and dispute with my bank.

after barclays dispute failed.

I have messaged MS but they never reply to me.

They said I would receive a reply within 48 hours its been over that now.

Edited by Student43

Microsoft UK Consumer and Device Sales

Ms Nicole Dezen
General Manager
Microsoft Campus
Thames Valley Park
Reading
Berkshire
RG6 1WG

ceoemail:

CEOEMAIL.COM

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

First of all, you should challenge your bank.

You should begin a formal complaint with them on the basis that they have not followed your instructions and that they have taken it upon themselves to get involved in a contractual dispute between you and the retailer of the laptop.
Start this straightaway. Read our customer services guide. Get a reference number for your complaint. Tell them that you want this taken to the ombudsman.

Second thing is that you should challenge Microsoft for the return of your money.
This means that you will have to send a letter of complaint. Post a draft of it here.

If after about 10 days you haven't heard anything then we will help you begin a County Court claim.

Although we are on the verge of Christmas, I suggest that you get this started as quickly as possible.

Firstly I want to start by thanking you,

I will start this but i got a few questions

firstly I will call Barclays and say I would like to make a formal complaint and that you want the complaint taken to the ombudsman (Following the guide listed above)

Secondly I should write a written letter of complaint but write it here so you can review it before i send it? 

(Should this letter be sent by mail or email)

Yes, post a draft here .

Don't expect the bank to be particularly happy about it or particularly cooperative .

However you must be assertive. Remain polite but be assertive.

You are the client. They earn money from you. They work for you

Read our customer services guide

I just spoke to my bank on live chat as they said they cannot help me as the complaints team is closed on weekends,

I took screenshots of the full conversation, I asked for there name and if they made any notes and they said they made no notes of the conversations. 

U will start to write my draft now to microsoft.

Thanks for your fast replies.

Dear Microsoft, I'm writing to initiate a formal complaint about the poor customer service I have received.

I have contacted you on multiple occasions and have been told that I would receive an email within 48 hours, which I never do.

I am also writing to complain about a return of a Laptop that I bought through the Microsoft online store.

This product was returned back to you and signed for by your warehouse I will provide you with all the evidence of this in this envelope. 

What else can I add to this It seems like its a bit short.

Not really.

You're complaining about the fact that use their return label to return a laptop to them on XXX date – reference number XXX. The laptop was received by them on XXX date and despite their undertaking they have failed to provide you with the refund that you are entitled to.

The attachments to your message include images of their return label and of the delivery record to their address.

You want immediate reimbursement of £XXX

Why do you want it longer?

If you need to talk about it longer then there are therapists whose job is to listen to what you have to say.

It's not so that they make no notes of conversations. What is true is that they don't want to do it. They find you bothersome and they wish you would close your account and go to another bank.

What are you studying anyway?

Because they are frightened of Microsoft and they're not frightened of you. They think that you are just a little client and of no particular value.

Where are you studying health and social care? What year are you in? Is this BTEC?

Sorry, I realise that you are at university.

Which one?

I'm studying at university first year in bristol, and its very annoying that thats there outlook on there customers I wish I would of went with lloyds bank they are much better than barclays. 

Edited by Student43

They aren't, believe me.

They are all the same and as it happens, Lloyds Bank intransigence 17 years ago is the principal reason why this forum came into existence

Oh wow i thought they were better. Will i ever get my money back? What im more worried about is my bank is -1400 and I dont want a bad credit rating just because a big company wants to take advantage of me and im too young to even understand what to do.

Yes you will get your money back. You will probably get it back from Microsoft rather than the bank. If the bank won't cooperate quickly then you are probably looking at about six months or so.

The best thing to do eventually will be to sue Microsoft as quickly as possible because you can then add interest onto the money they owe you at 8% which is better than you will get anywhere.

And you can consider what you will be learning here as an additional transferable skill and the knowledge you will gain and the confidence you will gain will serve you throughout your life.

Believe me

And by the way, if you have a have to return products in the future to anyone – try and get that supplier to provide you with a return label because then all of the responsibility falls squarely on their shoulders and there are no ambiguities.

It doesn't mean that they will behave themselves. You may still have to force them – but at least the path of responsibility will be clear and unequivocal

They did provide the shipping label it was a prepaid UPS shipping label provided by Microsoft, but I had issues with the first label so had to get another one off them.

okay thanks so much for this, should I focus on clearing this -1400 as soon as possible as I don't want it to have a impact on me in the future or how does all work.

And also where should I be sending this letter, what records should I do like a photo of the letter to prove I sent it?

Yes, you should clear the £1400 as soon as possible. Make it clear to Barclays that it is under protest and as far as you are concerned they have violated their contractual relationship with you by accepting instructions from an unconnected third party.

Tell them that this will be one of the basis of your complaint to the ombudsman.

Incidentally, don't expect much to happen from the ombudsman. They are limp wristed and too cosy with the banks – but you may as well start making as much trouble as possible everywhere.

ASAP. Once again, make it very clear in your letter of complaint that you have cleared the matter as a gesture of goodwill and under protest.

I suppose they don't teach you in your university degree course that banks will lend you an umbrella but then they will ask for it back as soon as it starts raining.