Notice of Enforcement - Did not receive PCN nor court summons/information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I received a Notice of Enforcement from Equita. Important to note that with only getting post once a week now, I received and opened this AFTER the date of payment indicated on the reverse of the letter.

The bigger issue is that I do not know the details of original contravention. I did not receive a PCN prior from the L.B Harrow nor did I get any information that it had been taken to court and a judgement given. Now this notice of enforcement just has in the description of alleged offence:

"A warrant of control was issued by the court for non payment of a penalty Charge Notice due to L.B Harrow on 12/08/2022 regarding FAILING TO COMPLY WITH A SIGN INDICATING"

Nothing else.

I have emailed both the L.B Harrow and Equita to request further information so that I may contest or accept the contravention and noted that as I did not receive the original PCN it be returned to L.B Harrow so I can review the alleged offence. I also informed that I have not changed my address nor changed the registered address of my vehicle nor the vehicle itself as it was bought after I moved to my current address.

I am at a loss at how to proceed and my initial thought when I opened the envelope that it was a scam, however, doing a little digging it is evident that a few boroughs do contract out/pass on fines to this company. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Hi Honeybee13,

No I have lived at the same address all year and the car registered at my address since purchase. I have not moved house in all of 2022 and I am at a loss as to why there was no communication prior. My initial reaction when I opened the envelope was "this must be a scam", however, after doing a little research realised that it couldn't be a scam

There is a process for dealing with this. But you need to know what offence they have accused you of. As it does not state parking, is most likely driving down a road and not complying with signage. E.g. driving down a pedestrian only part of a road.

Please see following linked thread.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi UncleBulgaria67,

The one of the problems I face is not knowing what the alleged offence was (Parking contravention/bus lane, yellow box junctions, no right turn etc). As such not sure which of the routes to use. The notice just said "failing to comply with a sign indicating"

So I'm at a loss which of the forms TE7 and TE9 or PE2 and PE3 would be relevant.

Yes I edited my post regarding this. Harrow will need to confirm offence details.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread