Querying amount of EON dual fuel DD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My very cheap fix ended at the end of June,  EON offered a new fix of  £123 a month. To be honest I didn't check the numbers it was based on. I've got a smart meter and my actual usage since July has been around £50 a month and after 3 months my account is around £200 in credit. 

I went through my statements and discovered they were significantly overestimating in relation to my consumption over the previous 12 months.  I basically added up the KWH I had actually used and compared it with their estimates. I reckon that I should be paying around £98 a month. 

So I queried it, they then produced a table with figures I didn't recognise claiming that I should have been paying £120. Their figures also showed they were adding on an extra two weeks consumption as a buffer. 

Anyway I've now complained to EON.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about next steps.

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Yes energy companies will want to build in a buffer by having DD payments that exceed normal usage.

This practice will be allowed by regulators, as it means that if your actual usage is higher because you used more over a colder Winter, you would not be in as much debt.

EON will justify on grounds of preventing consumers getting into debt with them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

But likewise if you find that you are paying too much energy companies will have to automatically refund credit.

WWW.WHICH.CO.UK

Ofgem could be changing its rules on energy suppliers keeping hold of your cash. Find out how to get a refund if you've paid too much for gas and...

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Change to a tariff where you pay for what you've used by BACS or cheque on production of their quarterly invoice and save a little every month towards it.

Why do you need them to save the money for you? Madness!

Edited by Homer67
typo