Poor fitted windows small claims court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi not sure if in right place , but i got some windows fitted in 2018

about 6 months later noticed in a couple of the windows on the opening a gap appeared and noise and air was apparent , i went to the shop and mentioned it and said someone would come out never did.

to cut it short many times going to shop / messaging they have been out afew times always with a excuse saying forgot where they put parts then saying they would replace 2 of the windows , then saying they ordered the wrong windows this was the latest back in feb this year , so ive had enough now and looking at taking them to small claims court .

Ive always thought all the windows are not right as since the new windows the house seems colder and noisier so would i be able to claim for all the windows or would i need to get a independent review of the windows before making a claim . I dont want to put a claim in then find i should have done things first . Many thanks for any help . David 

Have they admitted in writing liability,?

And name and shame please 

Also how did you pay, outright or by credit?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Really is an awful long time from installation in 2018 to be doing anything about it now some +4yrs later. Esp with no concrete written evidence.

Sorry...

Imho i would try and get some GOGW discount in them rectify ing the issues.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would create a time line and send a letter to the company outlining all the issues and the times you complained along with any promises and actions taken/not taken by them.

Give them a limited time to respond and insist on an action date and state that if it doesn't happen you will have no choice but to take the appropriate legal action.

If they don't respond or fail to do what they promise to then you know if you need an independent report, consult with FENSA for the contacts to do that.

Did they give you a FENSA certificate for the windows they installed? 

• Like 1