Freedom Bus Pass 1 Misuse letter now SJPN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pers I would not be going too far down the road of trying to prove any perceived mental issues resulted or contributed to your actions, that's not a way out.

This could get silly, whereby they might want further proof it's caused you to do other things out of character like shoplifting etc etc etc

Your main point here, your priority before it gets Infront of the judge, is to get across, explain, document, it was a one off human mistake, caused by your mother giving or persuading you to use her 'free' card to save money? Due to family financial issues ?

Indicating your perceived mental issues might get worse should you get a criminal record is not a viable reason for them to OOC.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you sent back the sjp reply?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

god no not for a single use.

you need to get the sjp filled out soon dont leave it too late.

pick the option to appear in person.

dx

and they

I think it's always worth keeping on trying but we can't guarantee anything. I think you should start preparing yourself for the possibility this won't work, but don't stop trying.

I also got the impression from their email that they aren't so far convinced by what you're saying. We get people here who are sorry that they got caught rather than for what they did.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

8 minutes ago, hoteljk said:

My understanding was that once you’ve filled out the SJP then there’s no point trying to get an OOC settlement as you’ve already agreed to go to court 

That's why dx said to tick the box to say you want to attend. That way you can speak to the TfL prosecutor on the day.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Okay thank you. 

Okay I’ll keep trying. I’m sorry for what I did. I’ve always said no to using it because I don’t think it’s right to fraud the system like that. I’ve always been against it and seen others do such things. 

im very sorry for what I did and won’t be doing it again (obviously)

im just scared and I think it comes across as I’m scared more than any other emotion which I am and I can’t help it. 

I know you guys read so many threads so you probably can’t even gather how sad I am about this whole thing. I’m really worried about my mental health. 

I’ve read 100s of other threads and a lot of people seem to get an OOC settlement

I don’t know why they want me to get a criminal record so badly. 

The TFL officer on the day also said that I wouldn’t get a criminal record for such a thing but I guess he didn’t know what he was talking about.

It's just the current stance tfl are portraying.  Don't forget they have no say upon what a Judge decides. Which won't be a criminal record for one off human  mistake 

and they

Sent another grovelling letter without evidence and will send evidence Tuesday with another grovelling letter. 

even thinking to had write a letter too to send. 

Thank you for your response

I appreciate the resources that you sent over for me to have a look at and they do put me at ease a little bit.

Again, I would like to sincerely apologise for my actions. I’ve been having panic attacks, lost appetite and sickness due to my actions. 

I am ashamed of what I done. I acted out of character, I believe that depression, anxiety  and financial hardship led me to act selfishly and criminally against TFL and members of the general public that day. For this reason, I would like to plead with TFL and yourself to please review my case and allow me to pay an immediate fine to cover costs for this one-off act of defiance of the clearly stated rules imposed by TFL and the law.  

Honestly, my actions are inexcusable and I extend my deepest apologies to yourself and the rest of TFL. I appreciate TFL for the freedom pass  and overall service and the hard work that it takes to maintain such a service. This service should not be taken for granted and should not, under no circumstances be misused. 

I do believe  that my actions are not a true representation of who I am. I have always wanted to do things the right way but that day I acted completely against this ethos. I’m still trying to understand why I done what I done but I am working through this in counselling. 

I am working on getting corroborative evidence and will send it across in due course. 

I just wanted to take this opportunity to extend my apologies to the organisation again. I’m sorry that yourself and your team have to waste time and resources on people like myself who have acted in defiance against rules that are there to protect us. 

I genuinely feel so bad for what I done. It’s wrong and I’ve never wanted to do that before that day! Stupid mistake that I will never make again 

It doesn’t mean you are doing anything wrong with your letter.

It might just reflect TfL’s current stance on prosecuting the most frequent offence against the public purse they see.

At what point did this stop being about “your friend”, and start being about “you”?

Edited by BazzaS

Shall I keep emailing them. 

This was their latest response: 

Thank you for your email today.

I note that you are requesting to ‘pay an immediate fine to cover costs’. This is not an option currently open to you.

I note that you confirm you have responded to the Singler Justice Procedure Notice and entered a plea. This was the correct thing to do. You will receive a reply and a decision from the Court service in the near future.

Regards

Im stumped. 

I've given evidence of mental health issues, contract stating I may lose my job if I have a criminal conviction. 

All I can do now is say sorry which I have done so many times I'm running out of ways to say it!

Their point: you committed the offence.

The offence is also the most common offence of dishonesty against the public purse that they see.

The factors you mention are mitigation not a defence.

They might feel that otherwise people could feel free to fare dodge, just saying “ohh, I might loose my job if you prosecute” or “ohh, I get depression, so you shouldn’t prosecute”, so they aren’t allowing those as ‘excuses’, currently.