Premier/gladstones ANPR PCN letter of claim - overstay - Planet Ice CP1 MK MK51DL - operator/POPLA appeals rejected

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...

open

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well - It's me again.

It seems a Letter Before Claim has just been sent to my address. After 10 months of non-stop debt collectors' letters, the time has come for this... It is related to the thread you have all helped me with. I will attach it below (I have anonymised all personal information, if I missed something, please flag it up).

I need your thoughts, support and help, please. You are amazing human beings and I thank you for all the support you have given us, regular and inexperienced folks.

I feel they just really exaggerate and prey on people. For such a small amount of extra time, and given the circumstances related to my partner's immediate health, they just take the p*ss and hope to make some £££ on our backs.

Letter before claim.pdf

Snotty letter time 

100's here already

Dx

• Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I found one of Dave's snotty letter templates (thank you, Dave!!) in a random thread - of course changing the information for my specific case, would it be okay?

"

Dear Will & John,

cheers for your LETTER Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in mirth at the idea you actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and cough up!

Now you know and I know and now you know that I know the million reasons why your country bumpkin client's invoice is total pants.  It's no surprise that following simple legal instructions is a tad too difficult in the hamlets of Shropshire .

On top of that the greedy retards have invented £70 Unicorn Food Tax and you've been telling porkies about solicitors' fees again.  LETTER to the SAR in the post!

Your client can either see sense or I will look forward to thrashing them in court, obtaining an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and spending it on a nice foreign holiday while laughing at your client's expense. 

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO PARALLEL PARKING LTD"

Also, given the circumstances addressed above (being an idiot and appealing to both POPLA and operator, before finding out CAG), could this get really messy and losing? These legal stuff makes me so anxious.

Thank you for your quick reply, dx!

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

• dx100uk changed the title to Premier/gladstones ANPR PCN - overstay - Planet Ice CP1 MK MK51DL - operator/POPLA appeals rejected

The letter is good to go. Forget about the past-they know that you are not only better informed now  but are throwing them a challenge. You are not going to give in so it is now up to them whether to risk a Court case or go and look for someone who is going to be a pushover and will pay up.

• Thanks 1

Knackered now but promise to read through everything properly tomorrow.

In the meantime in July I had a look through all the Premier/Parking Ice threads when we had someone in a similar position to yourself (post 23) and the fleecers hadn't taken anyone to court.  Thanks for replying BTW after that post and helping others in the same position. 

I've just reread your thread from the start.  We're used to the parking companies' greed here but your case really is exceptional.  What utter slimeballs they are for pursuing someone who "overstayed" through being seriously ill.

Well done on digging out the snotty letter!

I'd tweak it a little as the version you found was aimed at a particularly stupid bunch of country bumpkins who got just about everything they possibly could wrong on the PCN.  How about -

Dear Will & John,

Re: PCN no.XXXXX

cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in mirth at the idea you actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and cough up!

Now you know and I know and now you know that I know the million reasons why your client's invoice is total pants.

Annex 1.  FI.  Exempt Circumstances.  Get off your backsides and do some due diligence for once and look it up.

On top of that your greedy client has invented £70 Unicorn Food Tax and you've been telling porkies about solicitors' costs again.  Letter to the SRA in the post!

Your client can either stop this foolishness or I will look forward to thrashing them in court, obtaining an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and spending it all on a nice foreign holiday while laughing at your client's expense. 

I look forward to your deafening silence.

COPIED TO PREMIER PARK LTD"

If no-one else has comments, invest in two 2nd class stamps tomorrow and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

Another thought.  We've seen that Premier Park infest other Planet Ice car parks around the country, so there must be an agreement between the two companies.  if so, Planet ice have the power to call the fleecers off.

Annoyingly on the MK Planet Ice website  https://planet-ice.co.uk/locations/milton-keynes/  under "Find us" there is one manager named and another under "Speak To Us".  Anyway, there is an e-mail address there.  So e-mail them with "FAO The Manager, either Ms Basett or Mr Evans", explain what happened, and ask them to get the charge cancelled.  They can only say no.  There's no need to be cagey about anything you say as you've outed the driver.  If they do say no you can escalate to CEO level.

@lookinforinfodid we ever find out who owns Planet Ice?  I've just spend a fruitless half hour trying to find the owner's site or the CEO's e-mail address.  There is a Planet ice Ltd on Companies House but it's dormant, methinks someone else now owns Planet Ice.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Dave I couldn't find an email address for Planet Ice and you're right the company has been apparently dormant for some years now.

However I believe Michael Petrouis is still the CEO and his address for Planet Ice and several other companies he owns is

Muckley Corner House Walsall Road, Muckley Corner, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 0BG

so might be worth writing to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well spotted LFI!  I see that address is also used by them for data protection purposes

https://iceaccount.co.uk/legal/bristol/terms

On both these recent sites Michael Petrouis is referred to as "founder" and Heath Rhodes as CEO

https://bristolpitbulls.co.uk/2022/04/29/eiha-announce-partnership-with-planet-ice/

https://planet-ice.co.uk/planet-ice-celebrates-25-years-of-ice-skating/

I've tried sending test e-mails to the two managers at MK, one bounced back but  neil.evans@planet-ice.co.uk  worked.

Anyway, @TamerAMsend off the two snotty letters.  Also e-mail the generic address at MK Planet Ice  mk.boxoffice@planet-ice.co.uk  and also  neil.evans@planet-ice.co.uk  and ask the manager to cancel.  Then we can take it from there.

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have any luck with Planet ice intervening to get the invoice cancelled?

• dx100uk changed the title to Premier/gladstones ANPR PCN letter of claim - overstay - Planet Ice CP1 MK MK51DL - operator/POPLA appeals rejected

can you update us please 

we have another case pending

dx

and they

• 5 months later...

open

and they

Given you've moved, make sure to send a two-line letter to the fleecers informing them and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.  Otherwise there is always the chance of a backdoor CCJ - as you unfortunately well know.

• Like 1