Probate form and military will

hightail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm applying for probate and the will was done in the legal offices at JHQ Rheindahlen. 

Does anyone know if this counts as a foreign will or the UK?

The question on the probate form  says

"Did the person who has died have any wills that were made outside of England and Wales".  There's only space to tick a yes or no box with no room for any explanation. 

I have tried phoning the Probate helpline and both times when I eventually get through to a human they put me back on hold until I'm cut off.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

HI

Just to clarify for you @lenny100 is completely correct if it was done on a British Military Base which JHQ Rheindahlen is at that time it was signed then that base is classed as British Sovereign Soil and comes under the jurisdiction of the UK.

So the answer to you question is you tick NO (as the Military Base was British Sovereign Soil although in Germany)

I assume the Will was done some years ago and my Condolences on your loss.

As they were more that likely a Veteran you can also contact the Veterans Gateway to see what assistance they may be able to help you with at this time. (make sure if you do that you inform them that he was a Veteran and his service details if you know them)

WWW.VETERANSGATEWAY.ORG.UK

The Veterans' Gateway team is the first point of contact for the welfare needs of veterans and their families.

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for such a comprehensive and helpful answer.  You are correct that we had not changed our wills in over 20 years - we had sometimes thought about it but simplicity doesn't require any tinkering.

I'm pretty sure I have things in hand but it's good to know there's someone here with knowledge should I need it.