Replacement Boiler GLOW GREEN LTD : Courier refused to take to flat and left it in the hallway on the ground floor & got stolen within 1 1/2 hrs

Sc0ut
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Company : GLOW GREEN LTD  Avalon, 26-32 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EZ

They organised the equipment to be delivered on 29th Sep 2021 for installation the following day.  A single delivery man took some smaller bits to the flat on the second floor, got the female tenant to sign a delivery note and left the main unit, which needs 2 people to lift, in the ground floor hallway behind video entry doors and refused to take it up for her even though she tried her best to persuade him to.  She contacted me and I immediately emailed the company to complain that the unit wasn't delivered to the flat, how they expect anyone especially a single female to get it up 2 stories, and it is at risk of being stolen and that I cannot be held liable for its safety and that they knew that the flat was on the second floor with loft access as I sent them photos and details and verbally discussed all the details with them so that they can quote accurately, and that they did not deliver the equipment to the flat and if they needed 2 people to do it, they should have organised that with the courier.   The Boiler was stolen within 1 1/2 hr when the tenant went to check on the unit and see if the security guards would help her lift it to the flat.  I immediately notified the company & got the tenant to check with security, check all the surrounding hallways and areas, ask neighbours, put of signs on accesses requesting info. and file a report with the police.  In the meantime, I requested a review of the CCTV cameras but all the accesses are not covered and, as is the modern way, there are many delivery & Trades vans coming & going so that was unsuccessful.

I bought the unit on a 0% finance loan with Barclays Bank through my wife , frightened that Glow Green would deduct payment, I notified them.  They confirmed that no money was released as the work wasn't completed and requested a Section 75 investigation but was unsuccessful as the work wasn't completed and no monies released.  I am glad that I didn't pay them directly but my wife is worried about her credit rating now

I have made many phone calls & emails to the company but the fail to respond.  I only get to talk to someone on the odd phone call to numerous employees but never get any clear answers.  It been with their legal team since then and is apparently with their "Disputes & Litigation" Team for the last few weeks and he says he needs time to review the case, so he's been passed the case with no briefing and has to start all over again.   All of this time, 2 months, my tenant has been with out hot water nor heating and are very capable of putting a claim against me or losing their tenancy at a difficult time in the market.

All I keep asking the company is that I want them to complete the job and stop my tenants suffering as they are in this position because the company failed to get the right delivery service and deliver the equipment to the flat inside the front door.  Their recent verbal response is that "The tenant signed the delivery note.  Have you read the T&Cs regarding delivery?  We can't send out another boiler willy nilly, you would have to purchase another one".   On paper, their deal is very good and competitive with a very reputable Brand Vaillant with a service and warranty package including the roof work needed and they have a 4.2 score on "Trusted Reviews".  They just won't confirm to me in writing or otherwise what their position is and I can't afford to be liable for 2 Boilers. The next quote is £1,000 more for very mediocre equipment.

Help.

They organised the equipment to be delivered on 29th Sep 2021 for installation the following day. 

A single delivery man took some smaller bits to the flat on the second floor, got the female tenant to sign a delivery note and left the main unit, which needs 2 people to lift, in the ground floor hallway behind video entry doors and refused to take it up for her even though she tried her best to persuade him to. 

She contacted me and I immediately emailed the company to complain that the unit wasn't delivered to the flat,

how they expect anyone especially a single female to get it up 2 stories, and it is at risk of being stolen and that I cannot be held liable for its safety and that they knew that the flat was on the second floor with loft access as I sent them photos and details and verbally discussed all the details with them so that they can quote accurately, and that they did not deliver the equipment to the flat and if they needed 2 people to do it, they should have organised that with the courier.  

The Boiler was stolen within 1 1/2 hr when the tenant went to check on the unit and see if the security guards would help her lift it to the flat. 

I immediately notified the company & got the tenant to check with security, check all the surrounding hallways and areas, ask neighbours, put of signs on accesses requesting info. and file a report with the police. 

In the meantime, I requested a review of the CCTV cameras but all the accesses are not covered and, as is the modern way, there are many delivery & Trades vans coming & going so that was unsuccessful.

I bought the unit on a 0% finance loan with Barclays Bank through my wife , frightened that Glow Green would deduct payment, I notified them. 

They confirmed that no money was released as the work wasn't completed and requested a Section 75 investigation but was unsuccessful as the work wasn't completed and no monies released. 

I am glad that I didn't pay them directly but my wife is worried about her credit rating now

I have made many phone calls & emails to the company but the fail to respond. 

I only get to talk to someone on the odd phone call to numerous employees but never get any clear answers. 

It been with their legal team since then and is apparently with their "Disputes & Litigation" Team for the last few weeks and he says he needs time to review the case, so he's been passed the case with no briefing and has to start all over again.  

All of this time, 2 months, my tenant has been with out hot water nor heating and are very capable of putting a claim against me or losing their tenancy at a difficult time in the market.

All I keep asking the company is that I want them to complete the job and stop my tenants suffering as they are in this position because the company failed to get the right delivery service and deliver the equipment to the flat inside the front door. 

Their recent verbal response is that "The tenant signed the delivery note.  Have you read the T&Cs regarding delivery? 

We can't send out another boiler willy nilly, you would have to purchase another one".  

On paper, their deal is very good and competitive with a very reputable Brand Vaillant with a service and warranty package including the roof work needed and they have a 4.2 score on "Trusted Reviews". 

They just won't confirm to me in writing or otherwise what their position is and I can't afford to be liable for 2 Boilers.

The next quote is £1,000 more for very mediocre equipment.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Please notice that it is difficult for people to follow your story when you post in tight blocks of text with poor spacing and even poor punctuation.

I've reworked it to make it more accessible.

What was the delivery address? Was it simply the address of the house or was it the address of the flat?

The Address was to the Flat itself which is on the top floor of a 3 storey block i.e. ground, 1st , 2nd which was discussed with the person doing the quote.  The delivery man actually came to the flat to drop off the smaller components, got the tenant to sign then left the unit on the ground floor refusing to take it up.

Thanks for the edit.  I can't see how to edit my post.

• Andyorch changed the title to Replacement Boiler GLOW GREEN LTD : Courier refused to take to flat and left it in the hallway on the ground floor & got stolen within 1 1/2 hrs

I edited your post for you. If you can make your post properly spaced then you won't need to edit anyway – and nor will I.

Okay will it is clear that the contract was only complete once it had been delivered and as the address was the second floor flat then they haven't completed the contract.

You have two issues here. First of all you have a tenant who is freezing and although you say you don't have the money for a second unit quite frankly I think your clear duty is to source a second unit and have it correctly delivered so that you don't get any claims or problems with your tenant. This makes for an easy life all round and also your carrying out your contractual duty.

If your tenant comes here and asks for help against you that I'm afraid that the liability is obvious and you would be in the frame.

How long ago did all of this happen?

Did you report the theft to the police? – Do you have a crime reference number?

I understand that the supplier has not been paid – but I understand equally that your credit card company is holding onto the money – is this correct?

1.  Glow Green was to supply 29/Sep/21 & install on 30/Sep/2021

2.  Police report was done by tenant and gave the Crime reference number to the Company 2 moths ago

3.  There is a 0% finance package agreed with Barclays Bank not activated.  on hold.  No payments made as item not installed.

4.  Thought BGas left the system working but just found out that they have been with out for 2 moths.  Today Paid for an engineer to get in going but for how long we don't know.  Engineer says boiler needs changing

Q.  Green Glow has been unresponsive so I don't know their intentions.  I guess they don't intend to supply another one.  So the question is can they hold me responsible financially responsible for the missing unit?  They are saying (not recorded) that I would need to request a new quote and purchase arrangement but I think its only fair for them to supply another unit to the actual flat and install it as per original agreement.

Well start recording the stuff. Read our customer services guide and I would have hoped that you would have done that already.

What have you actually written to the supplier? What have you written to Barclays?

By how much are you out of pocket the moment?

It seems to me that the tenant is entitled to some compensation as well – what would be a reasonable rate of compensation – which you will recover from the supplier

Although an independent courier does not absolve the dealer of their delivery obligations

• Thanks 1

I strongly believe that Glow Green did not ask for the correct service from the courier. They just ticked a box.

Please see attached main emails

Barclays Section 75 request wasn't fruitful as the service wasn't provided and I'm not asking for a refund.

Thanks for helping

email to Barclays BPFsection75Claims 2021-Oct-08.pdf eMail to Glow Green 2021-Sep-30 Re Boiler delivery failure.pdf eMail to Glow Green 2021-Sep-29 Re Boiler delivery failure.pdf

It's not relevant which box they might have ticked. They were responsible for delivery door-to-door.

I asked you by how much you are out of pocket – and you haven't answered.

What are your plans now?

Also I am starting to gather that the suppliers of the boiler also meant to install it is that correct?

Hi

I mentioned that it was on 0% finance which hasn't been activated.   Besides that I spent :

>  £114 call out to keep the boiler going

>  £65.88  in extra payments to BGas for their Homecare agreement

Then there's 2 months of no heating & hot water for the tenants (they've been tacking showers in the gym, & the immense stress to both of us & the time & energy

Plans:  I mentioned that I want them to complete the installation and have been trying to communicate with them to achieve this but no feedback from them.  "They're still doing their review " apparently nut its B.S.

It also depends what advice I get on here.

Cheers

They are in breach of contract.
The effect of that is that you would be able to recover from them any direct losses and also to certain extent any reasonable foreseeable losses which have been caused directly by their breach.
Earlier on I suggested that compensation payments or rent reduction might be recoverable from the dealer. However I didn't ask you whether the dealer knew that this was going into a rental property and you are a landlord.
If the dealer did know that this was going into a rental property at the time the boiler was ordered and that it was being installed for the benefit of the tenant, then I think you have a basis for saying that the effect on the tenant would be reasonable foreseeable and it it would be reasonably foreseeable that there would have to be some kind of rent reduction.
However I understand that this is been going on for a couple of months. You have a duty to mitigate your losses and so you have a duty to put some other arrangement in place as soon as is reasonably possible in order to bring your losses and their losses – and also the tenants losses to an end.

Why has it gone on so long?

Have you investigated the cost of sourcing a boiler elsewhere including installation? I think you need to do this urgently.

Have you formally terminated the contract with Glow Green?

You say that you have paid £114 to keep the boiler going – this means the old boiler – correct? If the old boiler is still going then why are the tenants in difficulty?