Is there a way to find out if a company has gone.

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Between November 2019 and March 2020 I was in communication via email and phone with a company called Design Acrylics. I was wanting a cake stand and a cake riser. It was for a wedding which was going to be taking place at a later date in 2020. The wedding got Cancelled several times and now scheduled in for next year. This is not my wedding but a family members.

Anyway the staff/Mick seemed to be able to help me with the Stand and riser said he would get back to me regarding some changes paid a deposit for the item that was not custom. March came and the lock down to which l then heard nothing phone number unanswered, understandable then as it was the business number. Emails not answered for 3 months. Website working and taking orders. They replied to a email saying that he cant help me out ATM due to the lockdown, understandable as he was not able to do some things due to materials etc. 

Anyway now the website is not working, phone number is invalid and emails not answered. Ok the deposit was not a lot, £10, but still not the point. Based on the whole order costs of up to £120 due to customising the order. 

I cant get anywhere with finding them or information. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Daft question what was the website

If it's a limited company it might say in companies house

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I dont think it is. Well it did not say. Designacrylics.co.uk it just goes to a closed page. 

Also they have not updated the facebook page for years. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Apologies

I was hoping the whois info would give more contact details

Unfortunately the website is simply registered to a hosting company 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Yeah. I have emailed several times and they are not failing but not answering them. Along with that they turned the phone number off to save money, based on what they said via email last year. 

What more could l do to try and find these people. I have spoken to the bride and she will look for something else but the problem is size and that stand was perfect.

Presumably these people? Note, this ad is over 10 years old.

Design Acrylics: June 2010

Didn't take long to find them. Various online sites say they are at 23 Leicester Road, Anstey LE7 7AT. eg ▷ Design Acrylics, Anstey (cylex-uk.co.uk) Is the phone number on there the one you have been trying? The contact info is dated September 2021 but these trade directories rarely check their information is up to date.

So pop round and see them if you are in the area - if you think it's worth if for £10!  Or write to them.

No Ltd company of that name so probably  the trading name of a sole trader.

This is the Google Maps image of the address. The guy is working from home by the look of it. If he did mainly wedding stuff I have some sympathy for him as his business probably tanked during Covid when weddings virtually ceased.

23 Leicester Rd - Google Maps