Sky Listing Wrong Specs For New iPad 9th Generation(2021) On Website

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just ordered one online on a pretty mint 4 year interest free credit plan - but they have made a mistake and listed them as "5G Ready" on their website. I have just confirmed with Apple that only the new iPad Pro and Air models are 5G. The iPad is just 4G.

That's fine with me though, who needs 5G anyway.

The question is. Should I:

- inform them now and maybe they will reward me for saving them from any future consumer complaints, or

- wait until I've got it and then complain?

If I tell them now they might just offer me a refund, which I don't want. But if I wait until I've got it then I've got more leverage for possibly scoring a wee complimentary discount "for the inconvenience"..

This is not really the kind of thing we get into. I'm moving it to the Bear Garden for some light-hearted chat

Up to you really.

If you waited to complain, they are unlikely to compensate you, as they will say the price reflects the model you paid for.

Even if you made them aware of the error, they may already know about it and won't respond.

Personally, I would just email their customer services and point to the error.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just asking for a bit of quick advice. I would think getting some money knocked off for buying a product that doesn't do what it says on the tin seems quite reasonable to me. I'm not bothered about only 4G but (asides from the reservations I have about the safety of 5G - and that's coming from someone who spent 5 years working in Microwave Engineering) I did see "5G Ready" on the page I bought it and though "Hmmm.. no harm in having a 5G enabled tablet". I thought this is what I was getting, and I only realised after contacting Apple to confirm the device was also 4G enabled that it wasn't actually 5G enabled. I'm sure a lot of folk who buy it there will think the same, and some might not be too happy to find out it isn't.

If you look further into the specs there is another page listing all three iPad devices they sell and the information there is correct, but on the face of it (if someone didn't investigate fully) it would appear that they are selling this item as a 5G enabled tablet.

I also don't really see why this thread was moved because it's entirely relevant to the sub-forum I posted it in, and it's a consumer issue. Whatever..

The thread was moved because you are asking advice about deliberately taking advantage of someone else's mistake to gain some extra benefit.

If somebody tried to do that to you I expect that you would be very happy and you would say that it was unfair. You would be right.

As I've already said, this is not the kind of thing we get into.

• Like 1

Big fish. Little fish.

I bought a product that was marked wrong, through misleading information from a massive company and wondered how I should the raise the issue with them that might be to both our advantages, ie. both helping them while maybe being rewarded/compensated.

I'm entirely within my rights to do this and there's nothing unethical about it.

You'd think I was trying to commit fraud for pity's sake. Who has never tried to take advantage of a big company making a mistake? 

I used to get free credits from Apple for spotting spelling errors on iTunes.

The company made a mistake and I was sold a product under false pretences! Therefore I'm either getting less than what I thought I was paying for, or I can ask for a refund and several hours of my time have been wasted. How on earth you can turn that round on to me and try to make out that I'm the one trying to do a wrong turn is really quite something.. 

As you have so clearly demonstrated on this thread ……

If the 5G is so important to you : cancel your order on that basis.

If the 5G wasn’t an important part of your decision to order, let them know now, so they can fix it (& you’ll help others to whom it might be a deciding factor).

Simples.

Never any harm in making a complaint to any company about customer service and with some companies they really want to resolve any errors, offering compensation for helping them improve their service.

At one time companies saw customer complaints as part of their service improvement process, so if a customer took time to point out errors, they would be rewarded with a gift token or money off vouchers.

I wonder whether companies still see complaints in the same way ?

I can't see Sky being a company that thanks customers for their complaints offering rewards for pointing out errors.

Are Sky known as a brand that offers customer service excellence ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread