UKCPM Spycar PCN - Now Gladstones/PAPLOC - Trinity Park Roadways, Birmingham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning,

I have also in the post just received a PCN for the same area - Trinity Park Roadways.  With two photos 16.15 & 16.16 time stamp with an incident time of 16.20.  I was only in the area for a short time, pull over didnt notice any of the signs due to the size of them.  Several other cars, inc a couple of taxis sitting around same area.

Can I ask has your charge progressed any further?

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all

A quick update as I've been away for a while ...

As expected, received the £100 begging letter from CPM on 31st October.

As advised, I haven't responded yet and am waiting for the next communication from CPM

Will keep you posted of any updates ...

Thanks for all the help. Donation coming your way via Paypal!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is one of their cunningly worded invitations to pay some money.

Of course it is to be ignored and filed away with all your other correspondence from the crooks.

You could put in a complaint to the FCA about their letter though just to concentrate the minds at UKPCM.

You complain that UK... are using unregulated debt collectors that are sending out letters that are unfair and untrue.

Just because you are taken to Court does not mean that you will get a CCJ.

You would only get that if you were found guilty which is highly unlikely.

And even if you did lose, as long as you paid off the Court fine within a month, the CCJ would be quashed. 

They are also demanding an extra £60 for debt collection.

Whilst it may be on the car park signage, it only applies to the driver, not the keeper and they have not yet established under which category I am in.

Additionally, under the OFT Debt Guidance any allowed charge for debt collection should be proportionate to the main debt.

And as this is a blanket sum applied to all PCNs, the charge is obviously not based on the actual cost of collection.

This might have the additional effect of making UK... a bit chary about taking matters any further with you knowing that the FCA are involved.

• Like 1

All of these things are worth a try if you have some spare time but generally they dont achive anything becasue the regulators have always applied a soft touch when it comes to crooks ripping off the ordinary public one at a time.

If they do act it weill be trace who get a call rather than CPM but that may well stop tyhem from taking on the parking co's as clients if they thought that they could get a fine of £100k

• Like 1

lookinforinfo: There is no 'being found guilty' There is no 'fine'

In the County Court the Judge finds for the claimant or for the defendant only. If the former then the sum claimed is due (or a lesser amount if the amount claimed has included non-enforceable elements). If the latter, no money is due. 

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Afternoon all

Just received my 'FINAL DEMAND' letter from the lovely peeps at TRACE. 

As of yet, I've contacted no one, not even acknowledging their PCN.

Do I just sit tight from here?? Am tempted to wallop them with Aldridge Boy's account but fear this may backfire.

Any advice is appreciated!

not until a letter of claim.

keep your power dry

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Threads merged.

Yes, you need to reply and show the fleecers you would be big trouble if they were daft enough to try court.

There are recent examples of appropriate snotty letters to Gladstones in drew57's and munksey2001's threads.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to UKCPM Spycar PCN - Now Gladstones/PAPLOC - Trinity Park Roadways, Birmingham

👏

Love the comment about the golf club.  It shows you've done your homework and know all about them and their sordid little schemes.  This is exactly the sort of thing to write in a reply to a Letter Before Claim.

Also love the way you hint they rip off their gullible clients.

Because of this I have four tweaks to suggest.

Write at the bottom "COPIED TO UKCPM".  Let the fleecers know directly that you would be a heap of trouble if they were daft enough to do court.

Start your letter with "Dear Will and John".  These are the two spivs who run Gladstones.  They will probably associate this type of letter with CAG, and they know CAG is bad news for them.

These two con merchants also run the IPC and the IAS.  No conflict of interest there!  I'd be tempted to write in brackets after "Perhaps you should ask IPC for a copy of their ATA code of Practice" - "(after all you wrote it)".

Did they send you a "Letter Before Court"?  Sure it wasn't "Letter before Claim"?  Maybe a typo there?

If the other regulars don't object, invest in two 2nd class stamps tomorrow and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

With FTMDave's additions it looks good to go Could you post up Gladdy's letter just in case there is something else in its wording to tolchock them with, for completeness?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for the response  FTMD

Good spot. It should be 'claim' not court. Thank you.

I did some research on Gladstones. It would appear Willy Wonka resigned back in 2018.

John Llewellyn Gladstone Davies is also a Director of company called Broadly Vertical, as well as a couple of others. I've alluded to it in the tweaked version, which I'll post up prior to sending.

Also, lots of info about Johnny Boy on the internet ...

Will also post up LBC Gladstone's letter in a few mins

FORUMS.MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM

Please excuse me as I know that much of the information that follows is common knowledge, but I thought I'd try to bring it all together under one thread and hopefully it will help to illustrate and expose the **** that are...

• Like 1

That's fascinating reading, thank you, there's loads there I didn't know (including why they call the company "Gladstones"!)

You didn't' get carried away at all, showing you've sussed their sordid scams is exactly right.  The point is to show them how troublesome you are so they drop your case and look for some mugs to fleece instead.

Others may comment this evening, in any case get the letters off tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input FTMD

I love unearthing stuff like this. I could really go to town with a bit more time. Often good when you discover their home address. Send em a shot from Streetview.

Gladstones' accounts BTW:

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 13.09.13 2.pdf

Edited by The Great Soprendo

Just delete your real name from the PDF letter have had to delete it  Otherwise its brilliant, it shows them yopu will be more trouble than its worth to them.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I do like the letter but I feel the way you have said some things could be just over the line of being libellous. And the last thing you need if you don't want to pay them a penny is to leave yourself open to be sued. It can be expensive.

Rather than you saying they are unscrupulous which if untrue would be libellous, ascribe the accusation to some one else so that you couldn't be accused. If  you look at Gladstones on Trust Pilot for instance -loads of complaints there. There is even a solicitor who gave them Nil Points and said he would complain to the SRA about them. There were 42 reviews about them and 98% per bad. I am surprised that they got 2 excellent when all the rest were one star??

And I am not sure that starting off with the words "Rumour has it----" might protect you either. Best to remove it altogether.

• Like 2