HMRC Compliance LETTER

KiKi2021
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, 

I am new to all this but i am in total panic! 

Yesterday i received a letter from HMRC -asking if i would be available for an interview telephone call to dicuss payments between April 2020 - March 2021

Of course the first thing i do is go over all my payments and letters - it was such a mess of a year - my kids where in and out of school so i didn't really think to update anything! 

Basically when I  renewed in May/June 2020 i put in £165 and it should of been the average which was £142  (My Mistake) - Now i am ready to drop! I didn't even look at it. 

What is going to happen here? I am so scared. 

Also both myself & the childminder agreed on a "retainer fee" to keep my space (So we agreed i would give here what HMRC give me). So this was done from April 2020 - JULY 2020 - then it was all back to full time work from then on. 

Has anyone else had these interviews and what was the outcome? 

I don't mind paying back what a stupidly owe but Im so  scared they will think it was fraud on my behalf. 

Please can someone advise or help me, the interview is on 16th and i don't know if i can handle all this until then. 

Thanks so much in advance! 

Edited by KiKi2021
name showing

Hello, welcome to CAG.

We have loads of threads about this and so far, everyone who has come here feeling like you do has had the phone call and felt a lot better afterwards. It's very probably a routine check although compliance sounds scary. It's likely that they will adjust future benefits to adjust for an overpayment. Please don't worry, just have your facts and figures to hand and be truthful.

Please have a read of other threads here and see how it turned out for other people. It's fair to say that it's never been as bad as they expected and that the people on the phone have been human and not nasty.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

No reason to be scared.  HMRC are just conducting thousands of reviews as they know that Childcare amount will have been wrong for many people due to the Covid disruption.

All you need to do, is supply the information requested and they will review your claim, making any recalculation required.  They will then write to you, if an amount is owed and you just call them to discuss your preferred way of repaying over a period of time.

In regard to childcare providers applying retainer fees, as far I understand it, the Government advised this was not allowed, as the childcare provider could possibly claim other Government help for dealing with Covid financial problems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Hello, welcome to CAG.

We have loads of threads about this and so far, everyone who has come here feeling like you do has had the phone call and felt a lot better afterwards. It's very probably a routine check although compliance sounds scary. It's likely that they will adjust future benefits to adjust for an overpayment. Please don't worry, just have your facts and figures to hand and be truthful.

Please have a read of other threads here and see how it turned out for other people. It's fair to say that it's never been as bad as they expected and that the people on the phone have been human and not nasty.

Best, HB

Thank you for the welcome! We’re are these other threads? 

many thanx 

Ive moved you to the HMRC forum now

Click on hmrc next to your username and thread launch time upthe very top

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...