£23 Default from O2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

O2 placed a default on credit file for a silly amount of £23 back in 2016, I wasn't aware of any outstanding amount.

They claim they sent payment reminder to my email and SMS (Your bill was sent to the registered email address on your account.)

I've complained multiple times to try and get it removed, as it's the only blemish on my credit file. I've SAR'd them too but not much info received.

The only thing I noticed is my registered email is there 'in house' email i.e. joe.blogs@o2.co.uk, which gets created when you open an account.

Now obviously this is not my personal email, therefore I wouldn't have seen this email. And I changed my number when the account was finalizing, therefore I wouldn't have received the sms either.

In the emails they state:

The tariff applicable to your contract was a standard pay monthly agreement. As such, this wasn’t a credit agreement and not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 or the Financial Conduct Authority. This means we don’t have an obligation to send you advance notice of a default being applied to your credit file.

What are the chances of submitting a county court claim and being successful to get it removed on the grounds of:

1. No physical letter received i.e. no default notice, therefore I was not aware of it.

2. Huge detrimental effect on my credit score.

3. Is for a trivial amount.

Cheers for any help

zero.

and by the time you've gone through all the stages and lost on (is this your 1/3rd attempt now? at default removal by thinking you can simply raise a court claim or contest an existing CCJ hoping for a default removal too?) ....it's 6yrs would have passed.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had success with removing 1 default with EE/DCA (£600+), they filed a claim, I defended it and they then removed the default, the one that got removed wasn't supposed to come off my file until 2023, so it is possible.

But with £23 I suppose it's not worth the hassle

it most certainly can't be harming you and most certainly in this covid current climate will not be preventing you from doing anything nor drive up int rates etc etc on anything you may wish to take out..

IMHO ignore it.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...