14 days?

lee6370
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As i understand it the courts asked that we seek to reslove matters with the banks, and try to avoid taking them to court.

So we send them 2 letters given them 14 days in each (28 in total), now the courts don't say we have to give them this much time but it is accepted to be a reasonable amount of time to give and thats is all we are asked to do.

However if the bank writes back after 6 days saying we will not pay, do i sit waiting for another 8 days before sending my 2nd letter?

If i've sent my 2nd letter and the bank respond in 5 days saying go away your not getting any money and thats our final response, do I wait another 9 days before taking action?

I say no, I have entered into talks, I've given them time to answer my points and settle with me, but they have choosen not to, so why wait? I have done everything the court has asked me to do.

Does anyone think we should wait, even when the banks have made their position clear?

now the courts don't say we have to give them this much time but it is accepted to be a reasonable amount of time to give and thats is all we are asked to do.

I believe the amount of time set out in the CPRs is 28 days.

However, I would say - and I may be corrected - that once the bank has made themselves clear that they are not prepared to enter into discussions, then the time for the courts is nigh.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 2 weeks later...

...although it will always look good to the judge if you have given them the full 14 days regardless of any reply received in the interim; you are being as reasonable as it is possible to be given the circumstances. Judges like reasonable.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks