Anglian windows canvassing role - got leads but have never been paid - help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Monday the 27th of July 2020, i signed up with Anglian windows to work as a canvasser over in East London, the interview went well.

I started working and had to use a app on the phone to make appointments.

The deal was if i got a lead on the door and the salesman went round to the customer and priced it i would get paid for it. 

I started working the following week, i made leads, but i had problems with the app not working as well as it should, the app would give me results on my leads. 

Long story but they where working some leads and forgetting to work other leads and not up dating the app, i did not know my results.

My wages where wrong and i decided i could not work for the company.

I gave them over 20 leads and was only paid for 3. 

I told them i was leaving, that was fine,

they said they would work my leads and pay me,

they even sent me a text message to say one of my leads has been priced and i would get paid for it. 

No money was paid,

i have sent messages to the regional manager and no answer,

in the end i started emailing head office and they said they would look into it but i am getting nowhere. 

What can i do.

• dx100uk changed the title to Anglian windows canvassing role - got leads but have never been paid - help!!

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your thread to our Employment subforum for people to advise you and left a link from the forum where you started off.

How much of what you're saying do you have in writing please? Having a paper trail always makes it easier to prove your case.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have the text messages to the regional manager saying one of my results and i have sent her all my leads and have had no replies, i have sent her about  3 to 4 texted messages and no answer also all the emails i have sent to head office.

It sounds as if there may be other leads which have led to pricing visits and may not have been paid to you either.

Do you have records of these addresses and is there any way you might be able to visit to find out what has happened?

If you have evidence that you have satisfied the requirements for payment on the various visits, and there should be no problem enforcing a breach of contract

Hi DC 

A DSAR to the employer would be sensible. See how they dealt with you as an employee.

Also, make a list of all the lead details you visited with name, address and phone no. so you have this if needed.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I think I'd be careful about telephoning them. I can imagine that people would be quite anxious and imagine that there is something going on. Although it's probably a lot of work, I think I would consider visiting at least a sample of your list.

What would be interesting of course would be to get round to seeing half a dozen people and seeing what happened. If you found that none of them had taken any further than you might want to try another half a dozen and then give up. On the other hand, if, say, 50% – you choose – had taken it further then consider that it is worth your while spending more time visiting more people.

If you do an SAR and then compare the results of the SAR with your findings – you might find a big discrepancy and good evidence that you are being ripped off. This would give you a very powerful case and of course we will help you to maximise it.

I think the point of this is that you need to carry out some careful research, careful preparation, careful information gathering so that you have got a watertight case in order to pursue it as effectively as possible if your suspicions turn out to be correct.

Also, there is a risk that if you telephone people and they become angry about it, they could call your ex employers and start complaining. Then your ex employers would know that something is up and that you are going around asking questions. I think you need to be very discreet and careful about this so that you can gather information without tipping anybody off as to what you are doing

Also, make close detailed notes immediately after each visit. Try to include as much verbatim of the conversation as you can remember identifying who said what to whom. If it turns nasty then this kind of detailed evidence noted down immediately will be extremely powerful