AO.COM american fridge freezer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

hi sorry for late reply nothing has happened since then, other than me getting everything i need together emails evidence of the faults other people have suffered, and loss of food stuffs lost, i did eventually get a copy of the SAR, but i also wanted to know when taking it to court, do i claim for the purchase price of the fridge freezer or the full cost i paid through the finance? 

I think it was last year – although I've partly lost track that they made you an offer of about £600 or so on the basis of some pro rata calculation which is meant to be related to the life expectancy.

At the time, I said that it was a strange way of calculating although the principles correct that you can only expect a portion of the new price of a fridge freezer.

I've been looking back at the thread I've seen how long it goes on and also I understand that you are under various difficulties in terms of time constraints, dyslexia and so forth. Over the period of time has passed which has been about eight months since you first posted, the value of the fridge freezer would have deteriorated even more because it has gotten older.

In the circumstances and given your difficulties in engaging with the matter I think the best thing that you can do is to write to the dealer and tell them that you have been ill which is why you have been unable to handle the matter correctly or quickly and you would like to accept the offer.

I'm sure that in your case this is the best thing to do. Otherwise you can look forward to a litigation which could take another six months or nine months and which you might have difficulty dealing with to the extent that you could lose the whole case and lose all of the money that is already on the table and also any other payout.

I don't often suggest to people on this forum that they should simply go and accept a negotiated settlement – but I think in your case it is in your best interests.

I have someone who is helping to go through it all.

And have gathered as much proof with regards to the failures of this appliance, I am not bothered if it does take another 9 months it's not even 4 years old and if the 5 year warranty that was sold with it per the invoice it would have been replaced.

And the fact it's failure is due to a manufacturer defect 

The model I have is also the model in a class Acton suit being made against Samsung in the USA and already being on the news and several other models with the same failings 

link to to page my model is the RF24FSEDB

WWW.CLASSACTION.ORG

Certain models of French-door Samsung refrigerators come with built-in ice makers. A proposed class action lawsuit filed back in February 2017 alleges these ice makers are defective and have...

As you are not rejecting the item and saying that it was faulty from the beginning and therefore the contract is void – you've had a fair bit of use out of it, you will not be able to recover the money paid the finance company. You will only be able to claim for the pro rata retail value

That's as may be, but the fact is that you haven't reacted to it and you haven't dealt with it reasonably quickly and you've now had the unit for quite a long time. You even told us earlier that you were not in a hurry and you didn't mind if it took another four years. I think I tried to tell you then that this will affect your case and the value that you will get.

• 1 month later...

thank you for all the useless information and lack off half, from such a judgemental site this has become, even after making a large donation to this site in the past, your team are as useless as a chocolate teapot. After 2 weeks with help and advice from Which magazine and their team of advisers Ao has arranged the uplift of this product, given me a full refund and compensation, all this in 2 weeks,, after 2 years on this site asking for help and advice, only to be insulted. Mind you the reviews on review sites off this group now says it all 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update. I'm very pleased that you got a result.

I'm sorry that you feel so upset