Wescot Credit Services Ltd and great universal debt

den3371
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that sillygirl.

Having pressed his nibs further on what he said during his conversation with Westcot, he tells me he did tell them that the most he could pay would be £10 when they demanded the full amount and then £100 a month.

Does this predjudice him in anyway seeing as it's definately more than 6 years since he heard anything at all related to this supposed debt?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, when they send a letter demanding payment send them the statute barred letter in the templates, telephone contact doesn't count and it is clear that he couldn't afford £100 a month as he is not working - they like to 'talk the talk' but when challenged legally back down hastily. Get the letter out to them ASAP by recorded delivery and STOP WORRYING - they can't legally take this through the courts without explaining WHY they didn't contact you in the preceeding years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My 77 year old mum has received a demand from Wescot Credit Services for £119.88 rising to £199.88 if she doesn't pay by 20th Jan 09. Mum has no idea what this is for. Client is MGT Ltd. I've already seen a post involving MGT Ltd, media and adult channels!!! - not for my dear old mum methinks. Anyway I've posted a letter requesting original agreement with a £1 postal order. So far no response.

I've done the same with a MacKenzie Hall demand and they have returned the money with a letter saying no further action at the moment. If client cannot provide proof within 40 days the matter is closed.

If I can give anyone viewing this a piece of advice. Don't be a victim. My mum has been worried sick by all of this and so have I on her behalf. But we're making progress and I've seen a great weight lifted from her knowing that you can stand up to these companies. With a little advice and guidance you can beat the bullying tactics and stand your corner

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I received a letter from wescot on 2nd April 2009 regarding a debt of £381 and was asked to contact them in 14 days.

I sent them a letter (after some research) as below:

Date: 6th April 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference: Your letter dated 02/04/2009 (Wescot Debt no DM/XXX)

I have no record of this debt with Wescot-XXX

Please provide me with a copy of the original statement of the account showing exactly how the amount claimed has been calculated within 14 days of the receipt of this letter.

If I do not receive such a statement within the specified time and you continue to contact me about this debt, I will make a formal complaint and will ask you to investigate this through your complaints procedure, requesting a reply within 14 days. I will then contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for advice if I am still not satisfied.

Now, I received another letter dated 23rd April (Which is more than 14 days..I did not mention 14 working days!!!) where they stated "it would be most helpful if you could confirm the last three addresses that you have resided at together with the dates you vacated"

Since I have not accepted the debt yet (I dont even know whats it for!!!) and they have not sent me the statement as I asked (I am sure if they are chasing a debt they must have a statement to prove it!), which I believe is within my rights as well. Do I need to send my addresses to them. I don't trust this agency. And if I am right, it is upto them to find the debtor and prove the debt not on me to do the chasing...They need to track & not me.

What do you suggest I should right to them. They have given me 7 days. But this letter is so much decent and polite as harsh, rude and threating their last letter was.

please advice.

• 3 months later...

Just found this site through pure chance myself. My girlfriend also has had a letter from these thieves (westcot) saying she owes them £186 from a debt with a company called (House of Stirling) which is a company that went bust a few years ago they went into liquidation and told all costumers no more payments was due. We know this because we had several friends who also had things from (house of Stirling) now 4years down the line we get this letter stating westcot has now bought the debt from them.

Here is what the letter says

Dear Sir/Madam

FAILURE TO CONTINUE PAYMENTS

We have no recoreds of receivng a payment from you since // and payment on your debt is now seriously overdue.

Unless you contact us urgently to make a payment and agree a regular payment plan, we shell have no option but to take further action to recover the (FULL) amount outsanding balance of £186.10

CALL US NOW as failure to act could result in Westcot

*Referring your debt to a door step recovery organisation for home collection visit

*Taking legal action though the Courts which will be a simple option as you have already acknowledged the debt by making payment agaist it. Such action will include adding court charges and statutory intrest.

______

We have made no payment to these people or (House of Stirling) since they went into liquidation and told us no more payments were due ! Futher more we have not made any contact with this (Westcot) what so ever. Do these people just write to random people asking for debts of past tence and wrote off debts hoping we will get worried and just pay up do they think were all mugs or something seems that way to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved a letter from Westcot saying I owed 3800 from an MBNA card, i asked for a CCA and they have come back with a computer print out of my details and a photocopy of the signature slip. The last time I paid was June 2003. Do they need to supply me with more than that? Whats my next step?

I recieved a letter from Westcot saying I owed 3800 from an MBNA card, i asked for a CCA and they have come back with a computer print out of my details and a photocopy of the signature slip. The last time I paid was June 2003. Do they need to supply me with more than that? Whats my next step?

if no payment has been made or no acknowledgement of the debt has been made in writing in the last 6 years, your 'debt' is statute barred, and always will be.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I need a little advise if anybody can help.

I recently applied for a mortgage but was declined! :(

I ran a credit report to check on why this could happen,

I found a default on my account from wescot so i have searched all the paperwork i seem to hoard to find out what this could be for.

I found it was for a mobile phone i had with Vodafone!

This is where it gets confusing.

The phone in question was transferred to my ex boyfriend,

but vodafone transferred the wrong numbers!

I wrote to them to inform them of this and never heard anything again.

I have since moved from the property that debt was registered at so have had no correspondence with either vodafone or wescot.

Unfortunately this debt is not 6 yrs old yet!

Its only 5 years old so my concern is how i go about getting it removed from my credit report without getting into a big battle about the debt being recorded to me in the first place in error.

Anybody got any info they think may help me,

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Madas x:mad:x;)

• 5 months later...

These people are really annoying. They keep sending mailings to us and the addressee no longer lives here. We had a gap were we recieved no more mailings and now they have started again. These people should be shut down for harrassing people.

I have done some research using the postcode on the back of the envelope and found this site. Apparently they are in league with NTL Debt and they are bringing up phantom debts and harrassing people for it. These people are crooks!

Whatever you do - DO NOT PAY THEM A PENNY as they are not operating legally and many of the debts do not actually exist in the first place.

Do a Google on HU2 8HF and you'll see what I am saying.

• 1 month later...

right so i got the first letter from wescot claiming i owed them money.

so i replyed with the standard show me proof letter.

they have since replyed with a letter asking for my last three addresses and dates vacated to protect against data protection.

i have to say this sound like rubbish and all they want is confirmation of address as to prove liability of debt.

so what do you all think, send them a letter back saying some thing like ' i dont feel comfatable giving any personal details to a company that i have no record of a debt with.' or something else.

thanks

• 10 months later...

Hi

I just stumbled upon this thread purely by luck and I am hoping that one of you can give me some advice please.

Wescot have decided that Mr X lives at this address and they keep on sending me letters saying that he lives at this address, that he owes money and that they are going to take action to get the money. However, Mr X does NOT live at this address and never has (it's a new house so I know this for certain).

I have sent Wescot letters saying that Mr X does not live here. They acknowledged that and claimed that they would send no further letters or requests for money but they have. Each time they send another letter it has a different reference number on it. They claim that each time the company they are representing passes another bill to them, a new reference number is generated and a new letter is sent. Because of data protection laws they say they cannot cross-reference the different reference numbers so theoretically this could go on forever.

What can I do to get them to stop?

Thanks

Write asking that the actual ADDRESS be removed from their system. Copy in the Information Commissioner for good measure and allow Westcot 14 days to reply otherwise you will escalate the complaint further.

put back in the mail with return to sender with 'not known at this address'.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Thank you for the advice. I have informed them several times that Mr X does not live here. They just send more letters! LIkewise, when I return to sender. But I like the idea of copying in the Information Commissioner - do they have any legal clout?

Also, I have been trying to find a sample of a cease and desist letter but can only find American ones, that refer to American laws and agencies. Do you know of any with English references?

Thank you!

The ICO can apply penalties for breaches of the DPA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you.I will copy in the ICO then as one of the things I have raised in my letter them is the source of their information. Where exactly did they get the idea that Mr X lives at this address? I have made a comment about my right to data privacy so maybe it makes sense to report them to the ICO.

Is it a little cheeky to include an invoice for all my time and money (registered posting etc) spent on this? I guess they will just ignore it so is it worth even doing? Someone suggested doing it to show them I'm serious but perhaps it will just make them laugh at me - what do you reckon?

Once again thank you for all your advice. What wonderful people you all are!

No it's not cheeky at all £25.00 for the first letter £12.00 for each subsequent letter is what I do.

and if telephone is made another £12.00 incoming from the my rate £175.00 pro rata per hour.

If the y don't pay you could always pass the debt to a DCA':madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 months later...

I just got a letter from them demanding £20 for a contract I defaulted on with THREE mobile broadband.

So I ripped it up and wrote them a short note explaining that the reason I didn't pay the last month's fee was because 3 charged me for an extra 160MB I didn't use the previous month, and I can prove it by the screensaver I took from their site. "therefore IOU precisely FA"

Then I told them all future correspondence from them will be ignored.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got a letter from them demanding £20 for a contract I defaulted on with THREE mobile broadband.

So I ripped it up and sent it to them a short note explaining that the reason I didn't pay the last month's fee was because 3 charged me for an extra 160MB I didn't use the previous month, and I can prove it by the screensaver I took from their site. "therefore IOU precisely FA"

Then I told them all future correspondence from them will be ignored.

Haha result!

I just received a letter from them saying this-

Thankyou for your patience whilst we investigated the enquiry...

We can confirm that as a consequence... the above account has been returned to our client.

We have closed the debt...

No further action will be taken...

Kiss my middle finger both THR££ + Wescot credit services Ltd.:lol: