EMPLOYMENT GRIEVANCE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hI 

I am after some help/advice 

Heres my problem 

On 14 August 2019 i spoke with line manager regarding staying with company instead of going over new one  with the TUPE transfer .

I received an email on the same day stating that i was off the TUPE transfer list and that i would  be based at ... and also be put onto the next course to further my career.
The same email stated i would be at ..on a 4 week secondment .

Even though I was told it would be 4 weeks I was there until   Friday 14 August 2020.

28th Feb 2020 I was emailed to say that i would be returning to... on my original contract.

On 1 March at 8pm i received a call asking me to go back to the ... office as the Manager had called in sick.

on 11 August 2020 i was told that i would be returning to.... and i sent an email stating i wished to go back to ... as an ..if it was possible.

I received a call and an email about an assessment day for Thursday 13 August at 3pm and was also  told a timeline would be sorted for my return to ....

On Thursday 13th August at 2pm i was told by ... .... that i did not need to go to the assessment as there were no spaces on the course .

This was followed up by a call from line manager saying he was unsure why they had said i should go for the assessment and then no spaces .
line manager said he would call me back that same day , this did not happen .

On Friday at 11 am i received an email from   saying I was going back to ... and to be at... for 9.30 today 17th August  for a one to one  

I was given no timeline and nothing was discussed with me and after a year I did not expect to receive less than 1 working days notice.

I arrived at... and after a chat with new line manager,  as I was fully aware,  I am not compliant to go on the road  so cannot work .

I have spent most of today sitting in my Vehicle as there is nothing for me to do.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in the ... office and willingly did this as i thought i was furthering my career with the company .

The past few days have caused me a great deal of stress , anxiety and i have also questioned my self-worth .
From going from being in a busy office , some days having to Manage alone i find myself having no work to do .
I feel humiliated and worthless .

My second issue is

I have not been paid any overtime since April pay .

When I was paid in May I did not receive any overtime, I flagged this and was told it would be in June pay .

When I was paid in June, I did not receive May or June overtime.

This was again flagged up and I was told I would receive it in July pay.

July pay did not have may June or July overtime or the 3-month performance bonus.

Again, this was flagged up and I was told it would be put on a pay review for the 15th July.

When I did not receive payment, I queried this I was told that it will be in August pay.

I feel that even after an email from area manager stating he would personally guarantee my overtime was paid and now constantly having to question why I have not been paid correctly very stressful.

Even after not getting paid in May, June and July , I carried on working from 5.30 am to 7pm not knowing if or when I would be paid the extra hours.

I have proof of everything I have stated, and these can be supplied if needed

any advice welcome 

Has the company claimed furlough for any staff ?

There are companies who have claimed furlough money and had the staff working.

Reason I ask, is that if the company had received furlough money from HMRC to cover your wages, they would not pay any overtime, as it would be hard to earn overtime, if you were supposed to be at home. 

In these situations, i would suggest arranging a meeting with your line manager to just ask about your job and the training.  Ask  the line manager to confirm any assurances they provide to you in the meeting in an email. And if they fail to send you a satisfactory email within a few days, send the line manager an email, just confirming the conversation you had with them and what assurances they gave to you;.

If you don't get anywhere following a meeting,  I would suggest that find out your companies grievance process and follow it.   Your HR manager should be able to provide a copy of the process. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread