style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please advise? I was unwell last year and admitted to hospital overnight. I was due to go to Florida a few weeks after and called Bank of Scotland who my travel insurance was through. I told them about my hospital stay and was told that was fine and I was still insured to go on holiday. 

on arrival I took unwell and had to visit hospital in Orlando and was given a CT. I was discharged a few hours later. I never heard back from AXA insurance until earlier this year when they wanted permission to contact my GP for my medical records, however I completed all paperwork for this when I was in Orlando and was given an apology for the error. I’ve never heard anything back from AXA to date. 

I’ve just checked my spam email and have an email from the credit dept in Orlando asking me for a contact number so they can call me. I don’t think they should be doing this? Shouldn’t  they be speaking with AXA? 

can anyone please advise me on what to do? I’m a bit worried AXA has not paid out and they are looking for thousands of £‘s from me 

Pass on the Orlando Hospital email details to  AXA Insurance.

Do not respond to the Orlando Hospital. Let AXA deal with this.

At the moment, you have no information to suggest that AXA will not be paying your claim. They are just completing the normal checks, one of which is to see if your Doctors have any undisclosed information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Hi they are saying it was a pre existing condition and that I had only booked my holiday 2 weeks before flying when in fact it was booked one year before. I phoned them to tell them I was admitted overnight in hospital at home before going on holiday, told them my diagnosis and was advised that I would still be covered but the letter now says I should’ve got written authorisation from them but I was never told this on the phone. 

I gave the consultant I’m in the USA my previous medical history regarding the issues I had at home and they have put that on the report although I never presented with those issues. 

start complaints process with AXA as soon as possible. 

Also separately send a GDPR subject access request to AXA asking for everything they hold including copy of the phone call you had with them day before your trip. 

Unfortunately, there will be no quick resolution to this and you will need to follow through process of challenging the decision, which may include going to FOS, if AXA do not change their decision.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread