refused refund from with UK juicers

keehls
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all - I hope  you can offer some advice, 

My husband purchased an expensive juicer from the above company cost £395 in Feb this year, the Juicer was an anniversary gift.

The items was shipped and received next day delivery on the 18th Feb, we went on holiday for 2 weeks, When we got back he gifted  me the juicer on the 27th March.

I unboxed and used the machine on the 28th and it just died turned off - I  left it. for a bit and it just wont turn on.

I got in touch with the company on the 30th - who keep telling me there is nothing they can do other than fix the machine 

to be honest my husband should have read the reviews as their reviews are awful -- I just want our money back as it is useless just sitting in my kitchen.

We are also both essential hospital workers and are incredibly busy - (we work very long shifts) I cannot go back and forth trying to get this machine sorted out. 

Do I have any chance of getting a refund ? as to be honest I don't want to deal with a company who seem to not care about the goods they sell, no doubt if I had another issue with a different machine I will have the same problem with getting help from.

them.

Any advice would be helpful  

Thank you 

Hi and Welcome to CAG

You ordered on line so distance selling regs apply (Consumer Contracts Regs) and you can reject the purchase without reason and request a full refund.

Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. 

If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 day period runs from when you get the last of the batch.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, Andyorch said:

Hi and Welcome to CAG

You ordered on line so distance selling regs apply (Consumer Contracts Regs) and you can reject the purchase without reason and request a full refund.

Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. 

If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 day period runs from when you get the last of the batch.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Andy

what they are saying is I have passed the 14 days of having the item, even though it was bought as a gift and not opened within the 14 days, I only opened on the 27th of March this is why they say they cannot refund ? is this correct ?

This 14 day period is the time from receipt you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back...

Faulty goods ...

If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, the Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (which replaces the Sale of Goods Act from 1 October 2015) as you have when buying in store.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations#returning-faulty-goods

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread