curry's accusing me of tampering with TV

watojules
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It would really help a great deal if you would not post in large blocks of text. It's difficult enough to follow and on a screen it's dreadful.

I notice that already your first post which was an extremely large block of text had to be edited and properly spaced by one of the site team. We are a bit too busy to do this all the time.

Please will you space and punctuate your messages to us in a way that you would like to see them if they were presented to you. Thanks

Thanks for this update. This seems to be unusually customer-facing for Currys. Let's hope they are as good as their word.

I suppose you didn't record your calls. Have you read our customer services guide?

Let us know when the thing is properly resolved rather than just promises on the phone

i thank you for advice Bankfodder, 

im sorry you or your team are to busy to correct my mistakes but given the fact that i have physical & mental impairments and only recently begun learning how to use a computer and the internet  

i thought i was doing okay but obviously not,

word of advice for you stop and think before you judge in the future and stop being so patronising, REGARDS.

no-one has patronised you, the comment about block of text was a request, you werent being told off and the comment about promises on the phone was about Currys behaviour and not aimed at you at all.

You werent being judged either as you are not the only person posting on this thread who has physical and mentail impairments.

I have to edit every line of my text at least 3 times and still get a mass of typos that others are kind enough to ignore or correct.

There is a mssive amount of advice here but it is designed to be self help so we expect people to not just follow their own post but read others that are similar for the situation and learn from the actions taken by those posters and the outcomes when things get resolved.

In your case you were advised to do a SAR and this is as the name suggest an request for a copy of ALL of the information a company holds on you and that will include all internal emails and system comments that are not actually written down on paper.

Currys run a fraud prevention computer model that looks at the complaint and then makes an automated decision as to whether Currys are being ripped off based on certain things like the type of fault and the number of previous frauds in your postcode area.

this is illegal if they make their decision whether to refund or not based upon this rather than what is wrong with your telly but they wont tell you they even run these checks so that is why you need to see EVERYTING they hold about you and that means a letter rather than an email or phone call. It nails them down