Job at university

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 2/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, Sangie595 said:

You really need to heed the advice that you have been given multiple times. You need help, and not the kind of help that is available on these forums. You need to speak to someone who can help you manage your anger and your attitude. Until you do those things, there is no reasonable prospect of you gaining or retaining any employment of any kind. 

You have been told this on multiple sites for well over a year, possibly even two years. It may not be the advice you want, but it is the only advice that will actually help you. 

Your best option, if you are for real and if you genuinely wish to have a future, is to consult with the mental health services, who will be able to support you in examining the way you interact with people, your tendency towards violent and abusive responses, and your inability to manage your expectations. The bottom line here is that you will never get what you want unless you address the problem of yourself.

That was said with the best of intentions. I have said it to you before. Others have said it to you. I doubt you will listen, but whatever.... you asked for a chance, and “a chance” is about you changing, not everybody else.

Thank you for the replies. Well I am handing in my CV to KFC on Thursday anyway so maybe they might offer me a job. A job is a job at the end of the day and it would do me good

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You did fail to attend interviews four times with McDonald's. A lot of water will need to go under the bridge before they decide that they want another application from you. There are things that are reasonable and rationale explanations for things. If you had failed to attend two interviews with me, I'd reject your applications too. Four times and you'd have to go a long way to restore any confidence in you at all. So would most employers. 

This is about taking responsibility for your own actions. You cannot blame them for not wanting you. If you wish employers to take you seriously, then you  must take them seriously. That includes at interviews. You don't go in with "a job is a job" as an attitude, or that the job is not as good as something else. KFC may not be your personal career ambition. But they have lots of people to choose from. And actually, for some of them it may in fact be a career ambition. You may not see it as anything more than deep fried chicken and fries. Not everyone at KFC fries chicken. They are a multi national conglomerate worth more than some countries. 

Lol sangie you are very funny. For starters that KFC has been wanting people for over a year. On another it is a job is a job because its not what I want to do but it gives me extra money for uni and hopefully I would be allowed a store transfer like McDonalds would offer. So even though I would not go into the interview in that attitude at the end of the day it is only a job to get money for me and for the majority of people and I would be happy about that 

And another reason it's just a job is I need it to be flexible and I hope KFC will be ok with a 26 year old needing a flexible job with transfer for uni

bump

You appear to have forgotten that I know you "Sam". I know how the first sentence bait is intended to get a rise and "enable" you. It won't work with me. I know your tricks. And it won't work here, because, as you've already discovered, the moderators are attentive. The second you escalate, you'll be banned again. Which is the only reason that I've given you a chance. Just one.

And Sam, it's been interesting. To anyone who knows the university sector, you've clearly given away the fact that you don't have a place in September. I still haven't quite concluded whether you are for real or a troll. Either way, I think the help you need is beyond the likes of the good people here. I'm out. Here and for any and all future threads you attempt. 

Um, That is not true, I DO have a place in September. I have know idea why you think i don't. I applied back in October. You are just trying to bait me and it won't work this time Sangie.

I would REALLY love to know why you think I don't have a place in September if you think you know the university sector. 

This is for Sangie. You have told me that I don't have a place in September. I would really love to know why you think that is. I have given no indication that I have NOT got a place in September. I have said all the time on the places that i am on that I applied for university last year and i got my offers. That is how the university sector works and then i received my unconditional and conditional offers. So I am sorry for making this thread but I am NOT having someone call me a troll and say i am not going to university and other people a good people because i am a troll

This is unfair and your trying to get me angry and banned. Your the troll not me 

Hi Sam

Sangie hasn't said you're a troll, just that she can't figure out what's going on from the threads you've had over the years. Thank you for not getting angry - now everyone's had their say, let's get back to job-hunting matters.

Threads merged.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

2 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Hi Sam

Sangie hasn't said you're a troll, just that she can't figure out what's going on from the threads you've had over the years. Thank you for not getting angry - now everyone's had their say, let's get back to job-hunting matters.

Threads merged.

HB

That is fine Honeybee but the fact is she has said its quite clear i don't have a university place in September and anybody will know that who knows the university sector, this is untrue, i have worked really hard to get to uni, much harder then most people and it makes me really upset that some people think i am telling lies about it :classic_sad:

8 minutes ago, Sangie595 said:

And stop messaging me. I will correspond and you are now blocked.

I tell you what you are really a nasty little person. I have asked you why you think I am telling lies about university. You answer me because this is unfair. You think you know the university sector SO well. So you tell me. 

Edited by Samtheman1

4 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Do you have a question?

HB

Yes. I would like to know why she thinks I am telling lies about going to university. And that she thinks she knows the university sector. I would like to know that honeybee13. I am very hurt that she thinks that. All I am asking for is advice about getting a job but I have some little nasty person thinking that Im not going to university because I have indicated that and I would like to know why she thinks that. I have worked really hard in trying to get to university and to be starting in September is an achievement but know i have some silly little poster who thinks its not true and i REALLY want to know why :classic_sad:

Edited by Samtheman1

1 minute ago, honeybee13 said:

We can't agree with everyone in life, Sam. You can put Sangie on your ignore list if you want to, as she can yourself. Concentrate on the KFC thing, the rest is irrelevant.

HB

No it is not about agreeing with everyone in life honeybee. Sangie has told me I don't have a university place. She is accusing me of telling lies and I want to know why she thinks that. I have spent years trying to grow my grades and no one can knock my achievements. I respect you honeybee i really do and out of respect for you and others on the site i won't be getting angry 

Getting rather repetitive this now Sam .....time to conclude the thread..its going nowhere.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I don't even know if I will get a interview yet. I have had a look at the benefits and you don't get much compared to other organisations which I think is not fair. With McDonalds you get free gym memberships and cinema tickets. 

Also I have £900 in my account how much will I need for uni when I start