CWD - PAP Letter re old UAE debt now claim form

Hornsey62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

but ofcourse the defendant didn't question jurisdiction......

just because , as with most of the other cases, it wasn't defended properly if at all.

doesn't mean it sets any legal precedence...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unusual...unless your trying to get a foreign agreement through English Courts/law and smacks of desperation ...you cant withdraw an application without the court permission ...and why would you want to withdraw it anyway...if it fails it fails and if they succeed the claim proceeds.

And which costs ?.....a typed up witness statement ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Theyre going to progress as far as they can, no matter what you do. Theyre calling your bluff

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

19 minutes ago, Hornsey62 said:

My thoughts exactly and I know nothing apart from what I've learned on cag.

I don't want to withdraw but what if I did. Are they saying that the claim would still go ahead??

They don't make that clear?

CPR 11 makes it clear...

7) If on an application under this rule the court does not make a declaration –

(a) the acknowledgment of service shall cease to have effect;

(b) the defendant may file a further acknowledgment of service within 14 days or such other period as the court may direct; and

(c) the court shall give directions as to the filing and service of the defence in a claim under Part 7 or the filing of evidence in a claim under Part 8 in the event that a further acknowledgment of service is filed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

8 minutes ago, Hornsey62 said:

Sorry Andy I keep reading but I don't understand. Do I have to do anything else?

Erm no.......Only the court can determine

6 minutes ago, Hornsey62 said:

Yes that's what I believe

If they had a good case would they be contacting me? 

Precisely....... 

Their 15 i find quite funny

They admit its a waste of time and theyll never get their moneyback..anyway

Also they state at the start they are represent ing the defendant..then go on to say claimant..truth is..they haven't a clue as usual what they are doing but hope by bringing the kitchen sink to..the judge will feel sorry for their clients losing all that money to you.....i think most are now wise to UAE....regarding more matters than this mere speculative claim

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

17 minutes ago, Hornsey62 said:

That's what I thought. 

I don't know if you've had a chance to look at the WS from them if not no worries.

Broach it tomorrow.

Yep  dragged it out to 3 mins...very scant on detail/legislation re Jurisdiction.......non conveniens ...take another read of my post #109 ....learn it off by heart

21 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Yep  dragged it out to 3 mins...very scant on detail/legislation re Jurisdiction.......non conveniens ...take another read of my post #109 ....learn it off by heart

Yes noted Andy going to focus on that now.

Thanks

Ive had a thought about this - Ive read Andy's #109 post and It just dawned on me - What if CWD broach the fact that E&W is appropriate to have the case here because the OP will not be returning to UAE?

Side note - Isnt being in debt a criminal offence in the UAE?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fkofilee 

I'm worried about that but if I were to return to the UAE I'm likely to be stopped at the airport and detained because yes it is a criminal offence.

So how could I return without fear of being arrested?

I have been abused by debt collectors in Dubai here in the uk..so much so I had to disconnect my landline. 

They contacted all my friends on social media saying I was in debt in Dubai. (Very embarrassing )

I hope that I can speak about this. None of it would be allowed in the UK so why should it be heard in a court here?

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:14, dx100uk said:

oh my are they really saying that..what twits...

Are not CWD close to being what is termed as vociferous litigants?

for example : I know of several current cases which they are involved in that are dependent upon the views of an expert witness?

That has to be paid for?

You would think that responsible solicitors would be awaiting outcomes before proceeding with other actions? 

They really are a bunch o debt chasers with no moral or legal compass.

Following this with interest. If I can add any intel from my own dealings i shall do so.