CWD Letter of Claim - First Gulf Bank debt - but I had Credit shield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sri for earlier i was out with the sheep and the dog not able to properly scan back

having now re read the whole thread, and looked online about credit shield, bit of a scam as sadly are all types of 'protection' from unforeseen circumstances.

well nail down exactly what you reply with nearer the date, but it will most certainly express dissatisfaction with how the scheme covers your situation.

look at post 5 of the letter of claim thread

and make a start.

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well i can only go by what a UK court might look at 

and that appears and states it is only an application form

in this country, under our consumer credit act, which ofcourse is NOT applicable too this, that would not cut the mustard.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Poss .. .. We'll see.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Just writing up my reply to the PAP. Other than the following, do I need to add in anything else?

Original signed finance agreement together with the terms and conditions in English

Any notice of change in account terms and conditions that were ever issued since credit approval

Any notice of default or UAE equivalent that was issued by the original creditor

All and every statement of the account including how any interest has been calculated. (Statements are inc in the pack they sent, do I need this adding?)

Proof the UK Pre Action Protocol allows a UK Solicitor to issue a Letter Of Claim and

/or issue court proceedings concerning a UAE debt. The UAE is not a 'member state'.

Proof that UAE Court Judgement has already been gained upon said debt.

Thanks

On 10/02/2022 at 23:01, dx100uk said:

Poss .. .. We'll see.

Morning, just wondering if I needed any further information on my PAP reply that I need to send this week other than the below 

Original signed finance agreement together with the terms and conditions in English

Any notice of change in account terms and conditions that were ever issued since credit approval

Any notice of default or UAE equivalent that was issued by the original creditor

All and every statement of the account including how any interest has been calculated. (Statements are inc in the pack they sent, do I need this adding?)

Proof the UK Pre Action Protocol allows a UK Solicitor to issue a Letter Of Claim and

/or issue court proceedings concerning a UAE debt. The UAE is not a 'member state'.

thanks 

I dispute this debt because..recommended reason as advised from your thread and add the debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation..

because...the account remains in serious dispute with XXX bank as i entered into and paid for their credit shield protection scheme, no balance should have ever remained past xxxxxx date.

yes re request everything

alot could have changed since the reply in 2015

and they

Our posts crossed read my last post.

Dx

and they

Here is what I have soo far...

Box D – I dispute the debt

The debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation.

The account remains in serious dispute with XXX bank as I entered into and paid for their credit shield protection scheme, no balance should have ever remained past XXXXX

Box I – I need more documents or information

Original signed finance agreement together with the terms and conditions in English

Any notice of change in account terms and conditions that were ever issued since credit approval

All and every statement of the account including how any interest has been calculated.

Proof the UK Pre Action Protocol allows a UK Solicitor to issue a Letter of Claim and

That's it tie 'em up in knots

• Like 1

and they

No, as the UK is still party to many of the EU agreements with foreign Governments until they negotiate different arrangements.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

All that is a red herring. Why should a claimant from the UAE not be able to pursue a claim against a UK citizen in the UK courts? My advice is to focus on the claim itself. 

Why are you asking for proof that judgment has been obtained in the UAE? That does not appear to have been suggested in the letter you uploaded. 

Edited by mantis shrimp

This applies as much to anything I say, of course. 

There is good advice, there is bad advice, and there is advice that has something of the curate's egg about it. 

Especially on an anonymous internet forum, think about and weigh up all suggestions or advice. Think how this fits in with whatever facts may be known, and any other relevant information. Decide for yourself: do not follow blindly. 

bear in mind credit shield, even if they allowed you to claim it would only cover you for 6 months or so (whatever the rules were in the small print) I dont know if the affects what you are claiming or not. I just thought id bring it up.

No yours is not the next move. Dont feed the bears.

DX

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

I have received this letter this morning. It states I have failed to engage with the pre-action process. 

I haven’t responded to their request regarding the Credit shield, they have now threatened they anticipate commencing legal proceedings. 

Do I need to respond? 

Thanks 

Scan 04 Mar 22 · 15·27·14.pdf

On 04/03/2022 at 18:06, dx100uk said:

No yours is not the next move. Dont feed the bears.

DX

and they