Im a bit stuck Small claims court(i am 17).

watercoolednoob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys im new here ,

i signed up because im being threatened to be taken to a small claims court.

A long story short

1 or 2 years ago i met a guy on gumtree (that had bought a computer off me) and he had asked whether i could supply him with a large amount of computer components,

me being not being mature and silly i accepted this and we talked over email for a bit to confirm details.

After that he had transferred over £70k into my bank and what we agreed is that i give him a certain amount of computer components each week which i did for several months until the guy supplying me with the cheap components stole a large sum of cash from me which was so stupid of me. i was left with £25k left and £40k worth of components left to give him.

I got scared at this time

i lost communication with my customer and pretended it didn't exist.

at the time i was doing GCSEs and wanted to focus on the exams at the time.

after the exams i had gained enough confidence to contact him and explain what had happened

he agreed that i could just give the rest of his money back by paying £2.5k a week,

what i did was i put the money into crypto trading and i spent hours upon hours on the trading site and most cases only getting a couple hours sleep but i was making just enough for the £2.5k a week

i continued paying him off for a few months until my trading account got hacked and all my money was stolen

(i did file a police report to action fraud but nothing happened) and the website owners said they could not do anything.

The customer asked what had happened to the payments after i had not made that weeks payment i panicked and blocked his email address and all was good for 6 months im doing a-levels atm (physics,chemistry and computer science).

I was really enjoying life without the stress.

Recently i got an email from his brothers email stating that i had owed £12k and that i can pay it now or pay £14k in small claims court .

I am more than willing to pay this off and had no intention of taking his money but tbh i was scared out my mind.

the problem is i am a 17 full time student doing really hard a-levels that require my full time and i currently dont have a job and have like £30 in my bank.

i dont have many possessions as i had sold most of it to make my final £2.5k payment.

i have a average computer, an iphone 5c and a good pair of headphones .

I am just asking for what i should do in my position as i did some research and i read something about how you cant make a claim against a child and how you cant make a claim above £10k

is this true

if not how would i go about this as im not going to lie i have no clue on what to do.

I would greatly appreciate any advice with this.

Many thanks in advance.

I doubt he'll go anywhere near a courtroom door.

it is a well known sc@m and I would expect the money that was hacked away from you was them in both instances anyway.

its almost like this is a student legal project question TBH.

don't mean this funny like..but its word for word on the numerous descriptions of how this sc@m works you can find online.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I doubt he'll go anywhere near a courtroom door.

it is a well known sc@m and I would expect the money that was hacked away from you was them in both instances anyway.

its almost like this is a student legal project question TBH.

don't mean this funny like..but its word for word on the numerous descriptions of how this sc@m works you can find online.

dx

ok thanks for the help dude.

While anyone under 18 cannot sue by themselves (except for wages), they can be sued. If your defendant is a child (i.e. under 18), you should specify this as follows: 'James Smith, a child by [insert name of parent currently responsible for them] ... their litigation friend'.

It would be wise to check whether the parents have legal responsibility for the acts or debts of the child. If they do, they should also be named as defendants.

And you can make a claim for over 10K....it simply changes the track from small claims claims to fast track.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Parental responsibility

Parental responsibility means being responsible for:

l Your child’s wellbeing

l Looking after your child

l Feeding and clothing your child

l Making decisions about their schooling

l Deciding whether to consent to medical treatment

l Representing them in legal proceedings

l Making decisions about where to live

l Making decisions about their religious upbringing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Parental responsibility

Parental responsibility means being responsible for:

l Your child’s wellbeing

l Looking after your child

l Feeding and clothing your child

l Making decisions about their schooling

l Deciding whether to consent to medical treatment

l Representing them in legal proceedings

l Making decisions about where to live

l Making decisions about their religious upbringing.

so lets assume he takes me to court and wins what do i do how does this actually affect me would it affect me getting a student loan for university etc.

Go to the local Police station with all of the details, as to me this seems like something that needs to be investigated.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

might pay you to get a crime ref number by contacting actionfraud website

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...