Schools issue Snapchat Map warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Schools issue Snapchat Map warning

Schools are warning parents that a new location-sharing feature in Snapchat could put children at risk.

Snap Map lets users share their exact location with people on their "friends" list in real time.

In a letter seen by the BBC, one school said the map raised "serious safeguarding concerns" because children could be tracked on the map.

But Snap, the company behind Snapchat, says the feature is opt-in and can be switched off at any time.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40509281

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I remember my daughter and her friends chatting online with unknown males asking where they went to school.

I posted a line saying 'I'm their dad and I've logged all your ip's and am tracking where you live'

The look on the girls faces when half of the 'boys' in that chatroom vanished.

Spent a few minutes pointing out that they should not be afraid of making new acquaintances and people from anywhere in the world, but should be very very careful of letting strangers know where they can be found away from adult protection - like walking to school.

Its a difficult balance between encouraging independence and free thinking and keeping them safe.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres