Exclusive Leather Sofas - Cannock - Result

sharont1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we bought a sofa in september 05 and still have not had it delivered. Despite numerous telephone calls to the company they could not deliver the one which we ordered, instead for christmas they delivererd a totally different colour and layout of sofa and prom:confused:ised that ours would be with us 1st february. still did not materialise and depsite writing to the company three times they did not reply to us. we are now pursing this company in the small claims court, I will let you know how we get on

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sometimes takes a large kick, doesn't it?

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I may be wrong but I've been told that "exclusive" is the same firm as Land of Leather. I bought two sofas from the latter last year. Delivery took four months, was twice cancelled and although I had £800 cash waiting when they finally delivered they said they couldn't accept it, it had to be paid to the store before delivery.

I was furious, because I had taken the day off work without pay for the delivery, and had got rid of my old suite. I bought the suite from the Bolton store so had to do an 80 mile round trip with the payment before they would rearrange delivery DESPITE the fact that the manager said I could pay C.O.D.

I waited another six weeks then was told I had to pay a seperate £55 delivery charge. This wasn't mentioned on my reciept.

I also paid an extra £200 for an extended warranty, didn't want to but the missus wanted it. This included a free leather care kit but when the suite was delivered, you've guessed it, they told me I had to go to the store to collect it - they didn't deliver them. deliveries came from Leeds. Why can't they just keep some care kits in the Leeds depot? How hard can it be?

12 months on one side of the seat on the sofa we use most has caved in and the other side isn't wearing too well either. About to phone them about the problem when I get chance, not happy if this is going to happen every twelve months of normal, fairly light use though. Neither of us are overweight and there are no kids at home so this should not be happening. This is supposed to be a discounted £2700 suite.

Can't believe how firms like this survive.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Guest Lueeze

Yes proceed with court action if you have lost any money from all this hassle.

Sofa companies are well known to deliver late (or not at all)

Good Luck

Lou x

• 2 weeks later...

quick up date

put in a court claim, the company didn't respond so just about to set date for the court hearing when gwuess what company have offerred out of court settlement £550. Just waiting now for cheque to clear

RESULT

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations.

Another victory for the 'small man'....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 4 months later...

ELA sofa delivered faulty goods, wrong colour sofas, 2 pin no uk plugs and generally poor quality goods. After numerous letters including rejecting the sofas on day of delivery we are about to go to court. I have involved Visa company (which I paid my deposit on), Finance company, Trading Standards. The company is now stating that I asked for a replacement BUT I changed my mind! This is not the case! They are just out not to refund my money and bully the consumer into what they want not the consumer. They are basically taking away our staturory rights as a consumer which will not go down well in court. I have taken legal advice and we have not issue so i have given them 7 days and I will then issue court proceeding.

• 4 months later...

Hello every one I am a newbie to this but am thrilled to find that I am not alone in my dealings with exclusive leather sofas who have been totally unproffessional in their conduct.

Basically a year ago we brought sofas from them worth £3100 including 200 for extended cover. 600 deposit the rest deferred payment, which is approaching.

Had a number of problems.

Firstly delivery was not made on date stated, they tried to lie saying that it wasnt supposed to come. agreed to refund me the delivery charge 49.99, guess what? still waiting for that!

Delivery did arrive on second date. On further inspection 2 faults, scuff mark on one of the sofas and the other was not bolted together correctly.

Arranged upholsterer to come out to repair, which was a very young scruffy man who was late because he had gone to our old address!

Repair was totally unsatisfactory unless you think painting a tippex type substance onto leather will make the leather grow back!

Did bolt together the other seats but very dodgy as he said he is not a technician!

Company eventually agreed to replace both goods, but after several weeks when the goods arrive dthey were the wrong ones.Which got returned.

The very stroppy manageress when we eventually got hold of her has said we are not entitled to return the goods for a refund. They will either replace the goods again! or offer us £600 to keep the goods we had.

We had said we would agree to that for £1000 as we feel that a fair amount considering the original cost and all of the hassle we have had.

They are sticking to £600 top offer or nothing.

Would appreciate any feed back on what you guys think.

Cheers

The manageress was extremely rude and intimidating to me. I sought advice from trading standards who were brilliant and told me exactly what to write to them. They advised me not to enter in any verbal discussion. We saw it through to the end eventually putting a claim into the smalls claim court which went to the wire and at the last minute they withdrew, refunded the money owed to us, costs plus inconvenienc.

I would suggest that you perservere, don't let them put you off you are right and will win in the end.

s

I am also a new comer; I order a bed sofa 7th January 06 from ELS it should have arrived 3 months after order. Paid a deposit by cheque £249.99. sofa arrive November 06, when it arrive it was not what I ordered. I order a thick mattress and they sent a thin mattress, they took the sofa back 4 times. trying to amend "god knows what"

That means 8 times I had to take time out from work. They couldn't fix the problem, so i said for the them to keep the bed sofa, because it was not what i ordered. Many calls was made to the company, now trading standards taken over, because they won't return my deposit. I don't see why I should have to buy something that is a lot of money and its not right and up to the standard that I require. The manager someone called Annier was very rude to trading standard and said i will not be getting back my money, and told Trading Standard she is going to sue me, just because i wouldn't take the goods which I didn't order. So it looks like I will be getting my self ready for court on this. The joke about the whole thing is that on my orginal Invoice it stated that I order a Thick mattress, they sent trading standard a copy of my invoice and guess what!!! the order THICK was rubbed out on trading standards copy, so I am going to have them in court on this. I am ready for a fight in court on this, since this woman Annier and Sam Cameron feel like playing games.

They took back the bed sofa so that meant I was left without anything to sleep on, so I was on the floor. until trade standard gave me the go ahead that the sofa contract was finally cancelled. and that was in late February 07.

So from Novemeber 06 until now sleeping on the floor until I can find a company that I can trust to get me what I want.

I am going to the small claim court to start the ball rolling, and I am not going to stop until I am happy with the rule. All that stress that company put me through. We will see what the court as to say about that.

My advise to you or anyone else that is having problems with Exclusive Leather Sofa is to head for the same claims court don't give up, and also phone Ed Doolan show on radio WM 95.60. he loves to put companies that feel they need to bully people in there place. Tel 08453009956. Lets all give this wonderful company Excusive Leather Sofa some air time. Maybe they may mend their ways after they have been shame up on the radio, I know one thing they will loose a lot of business if the whole world know what that company is like. I am going to try and get on the Ed Doolan show now before I go to work. show is on from 10.00 am - 1.00 pm every day, so listen out from the word EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFA'S, because I KNOW they are going to be famous.

I am also getting advise from Trading standards to go the small claims court, and also in the mean time I will be contacting the ED Doolan radio show on radio WM 95.60 to expose Exclusive Leather Sofa. Tel the show on 08453009956 if you are still having problem, just to make people that listen to the show be aware of companies like that.

love2, Please see my postings:

dibby -v- Exclusive Leather Sofas

I have now begun court proceedings and am waiting for a date for a hearing. Exclusive Leather Sofas are 'defending' the claim. They have held on to my money (£2750) for six months now and they are defending my claim?????? The mind boggles.

Their business practice is absolutely shocking.

Exclusive Leather Sofa's monitor this website. I recently had a call from a manager when she saw my posting and she was very abusive. I have never experienced anything like it. I will be taking all of these postings to court with me.

And I have made a note of the telephone number you provided love2. Thanks.

Good luck.

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone pursuing claims with this hideous company! I am looking to buy a new leather sofa in the near future and I know who I will NOT be giving my custom to...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

we have fallen foul of ELS too with a simular problem and we are taking this through small claims court too. I have a feeling that ELS previously Leather Sofas limited has been trading in this way for some time. For one shop the amount of complaints about how they do business is extra-ordinary! I have had excellent advice and support from Trading Standards and I am hopeful that we can get our money back soon so I can order a sofa that is of good quality in time for a Christening. Good luck to everyone having problems with this appalling company and I will make it my business to share my experiences with this company with as many people as I can.

Hi Love2

When you get your money back from Exclusive Leather Sofas in Cannock who sadly are not a good trader and you still want a sofa bed try Bridgetown Bed Centre in Cannock, the team there are absolutely brilliant.

Glad to hear that you had no problems, consider your self very fortunate.

I am positive that you would not be so quick to praise their communication skills had you the need to make a complaint.

You are right , communication does go a long way but when you are trying to communicate with a company who does not return your calls or letters then it does make it rather difficult and frustrating , as I am sure many of this companys customers will tell you.

Lubylou

I can only agree with Scooby123's well put comment. Communication is the key element here and unfortunately once things start to go wrong with this company then they tell you how it is going to be, they do not even acknowledge your letters and they tell you that they are putting their needs before yours.... The manager of the Cannock store actually said to me that "she had not lost a sale yet and wasn't about to either!" I have just had the records search through for ELS and there is quite a trail of CCJ's behind them as well as a significant cluster of current complaints looking at various consumer sites; a fact that I think speaks for itself.

They seem not to communicate with Trading Standards either and to be honest have no regard for consumer rights. I have never had recourse to complain like this before and having been forced to do so will persue my rights vigorously!

i think they provided a wonderful service, really dont underastand what all the fuss is about, never had any problems myself gained a beautifu suite with a quality service, communication goes a long way if you just try, SO GIVE IT A GO!!!!!

First post? I wonder who works for the company ;)

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Have to agree with you Rossie, Should maybe charge Lubylou for the advert I think..lol I think £25 per letter sounds about right too.. , It does look a little suspicious that posting for sure. Well we know certain Banks and their solicitors have been know to monitor here.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I am one of the unlucky one's that has experience bad dealing with ELS.

I really would never believe a company could really carry on in a rude manner, if I didn't experience it first hand from ELS. They don't return phone calls, they don't answer letters, but they are very good at telling liars and stealing our money off us, that is rightfully ours.

I guess I will be seeing them in court because I am not going to stop until I get my money back that is owing to me.

If they want to play games I will bring the media's attention to this.

Yes I agree, Lubylou should be charge for the beautiful advert they have just posted. £25 per letter is too cheap.

We are not all on here because we have nothing better to do with out time, we have a problem with ELS services, and the court will hear all about it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks