Opt out of mobile cold calls with just one text

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you're annoyed by nuisance calls, you can opt out of them by text message.

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) has been running for a number of years, but according to communications regulator Ofcom only 48% of the people it surveyed knew that mobile numbers can be registered on the TPS (compared with 88% who knew about home phone numbers being eligible).

The "text-to-register" service lets you add your number to the "do not call" database of the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), which is good news (provided it works).

If you want in, all you have to do is text "TPS" with your number to 78070.

And that's it. You should get a SMS reply from the TPS, which confirms that your number has been added into their database.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/mobile/today-you-can-opt-out-of-cold-calls-by-text-92175

Therere two numnbers for this, the one mentioned above is not free, Read the full article mentioned in the link above.

When you register your mobile on the Telephone Preference Service, there is no charge for sending a text to the shortcode 85095 or for receiving the confirmation text.

There is an alternative shortcode, 78070, but for this you will be charged at your standard network rate.

:o :o :lol: :D :D

More Power to the PEOPEL!! LONG LIVE the CAG!!!

I have found that putting a number on TPS actually INCREASES the number of calls.

I can only assume that the people that are supposed to cross reference the TPS have found a way to grab data.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I am going to try again on a new sim that I hardly use.