Universal credit take home pay deducted)

G4C389
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I get paid universal credit tomorrow and today received a letter that £177 was deducted because it says I had £383 take-home pay. I work as a steward at a football ground and I have only received £40-80 off that in the month 7th April to 6th may stated on the letter it applies, (it said nothing about the work I do as I havnt declared itt) just can't see where they're getting £383 from, what can I do? Any advice appreciated

• 1 month later...

I work as a casual worker at the football match (no work at moment obviously)

in mid May I got a letter saying my take home pay was X amount and on the letter dated 8th may

it said I'm allowed to earn £111 then 0.65p off every pound is taken off after that (fair enough)

it was for the period of worked between 7th April and 8th may,

but I read the £111 allowance is no longer valid from April 2016 and so why did it not affect me then?

And this month if earned but not since the 15th may then the 20th may

(which I explained to them in the phone was to all be paid for bills)

so tomorrow when i get paid will it not be the £111 allowance that affects it?

I'm confused

Thanks in advance for help

Can you confirm which benefit you're referring to? It sounds like Housing Benefit (or perhaps Univeral Credit, I'm not sure of the rules there) but best to be sure.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Can you confirm which benefit you're referring to? It sounds like Housing Benefit (or perhaps Univeral Credit, I'm not sure of the rules there) but best to be sure.

Yes it's universal credit, will the £111 allowance not apply here? I havnt received anything since 20th may

Correct... I had this conversation with then the other day... They removed the allowance in April

With my last letter saying from the 7th April to 8th may for my mid May Payment, will this go from the 9th of May onwards? And Iv had no work pay since mid May so I'll get like £40 to last me a month? Lol

I gif my payment today which was £36 (because I work as a football steward in the season which ended May 8th for me, and I received £237 which £178 was to pay rent/Bills etc, and now Iv only £36 to last me month with no work with the football being finished till August) most of my payment was taken off me as a result, I have rent and interview for job coming up and £36 isn't going to last me till July 13th, my last payment from the football work was 22nd may (but as I said £178 of £237 of it was bills/rent) if I call up would I be able to get a loan? Also as I said my interview next week will be tough to support as a result. Any advice appreciated thanks

3 threads merged...please keep to one thread per problem.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread