Athena ANPR PCN - Driver Had His PCN Overturned usingHilarious Stick Man Drawing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Lidl customer has escaped a £90 parking fine after presenting a hilarious stick man drawing as proof he used the shop.*

Teacher Steve Crowley, 40, received a demand through the post asking him to provide evidence that he visited the store when using the car park.

But when he was unable to find his receipt, he decided to try something a little different.

After drawing a child-like sketch of his family’s shopping trip, he emailed it as proof – and, incredibly, it worked.*

The drawing features himself as a stick man saying: “Hey kids! It’s approximately 12.30pm on 01.04.16! Time to go shopping!”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/this-driver-had-his-parking-fine-overturned-after-091032871.html

The most important part of the article is the last sentence from Athena;

A spokesperson for Athena ANPR Ltd said:*"Mr Crowley’s charge was overturned as a gesture of goodwill as he claimed to be a shopper this was the first time he had received a charge from us.

"If a genuine customer does receive a charge and they can prove that they shop at the store then we will be happy to cancel the charge”*

Indeed honeybee...

But here is proof of the hidden clause similar to PE/Aldi [problem].

A genuine customers car can stay in the car park with no time limit.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The press dumb down articles. They prefer the term 'Fine' as opposed to 'speculative invoice' or the correctly titled Parking Charge.

Come on! We are not that stupid, are we??

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I don't quite understand it in regard to Lidl. When you go through the tills they ask you for your car reg and it matches against whatever the cameras have recognised. I have seen people not remember their full reg number and the person at the till has identified it from their system.

If the cameras have picked up a reg number and it has not been cancelled by a till operator when a customer has paid for shopping, then i am not sure what happened in this case.

I think all of these private parking issues are getting a bit silly. No wonder home delivery of groceries is getting more popular.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The majority of Aldi/Lidl stores do not have that system.

Just ANPR cameras on entry and exit that do not manage parking....

• dx100uk changed the title to Athena ANPR PCN - Driver Had His PCN Overturned usingHilarious Stick Man Drawing